Drivers Door Won't Stay Open

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drivers Door Won\'t Stay Open

Do I need to replace the hinge? There isn't any type of adjustment for this is there?

Thanks
Gary

viperdude1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Drivers Door Won\'t Stay Open

Do I need to replace the hinge? There isn't any type of adjustment for this is there?

Thanks
Gary

Gary ,
Yes the hinge will need to be replaced . The check spring is incorporated in the hinge and the parts are not serviced separately .

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Does the door close passively? My drivers door was rubbing along the weather stripping when closing. Opinions vary as to the fix from adjust to replace the hinge. The hinge is located under the plastic cover behind the front fender (hood) area. Pretty easy to get to, but, the hinge adjustment....*****. I did get it done, but, a "20 minute job" was much, much more.

Kurt

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That hinge is the same on all GenI and GenII Vipers , left or right. I found one on E-bay. To fix the rubbing of the door on the weather stripping pull it up and gently grind down a little at a time, the plastic ridge that supports the weather stripping a bit to lower the weather stripping where it touches the door. I used a Dremmel tool and both doors now close like butter....................... spray.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is a way to only replace the check spring and therefore not having to deal with adjustment issue.

Luc. 00GTS

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235