Light switches

JoeViperRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all -- still finding my way around my 95 rt/10. There are a couple of switches under the radio.. two small ones that appear to be for some lighting.. although they do nothing. What should they do?

Also, the bright lights shine when I pull the signal switch back.. but, will not stay on.. they go back to low beam when I let go. Is changing out the swithc a big operation?

and, I'm still considering getting the aftermarket cruise control.. but, haven't found anyone happy with it. Are you?

let me know
thanks
jp

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One of them (the one on the right I think) turns the fog lights on. If yours do not work check the fuse. The other one is the "mystery switch" that is only used on export cars to run a rear fog light.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yep, it's the left (I believe) which is the fog lights. The other is the Euro switch which is useless in our cars, as carguy07 said. Some have used the switch to activate garage door openers, auxiliary lighting, etc.

On your signal arm. Just pull a little harder towards you and you should feel a click when the high beams turn completely on. A little tug and they will temporarily illuminate, but pull all the way and they stay on. Good luck!

OP
OP
J

JoeViperRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah.. I've pulled the high beam about as hard as I think I can.. it's right up against the plastic.. it actually feels like it's clicking.. but, is not setting the brights to stay on. Very strange.

jp

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skip the cruise control lot's of issues with mine...ie speedo randomly jumps around, doesn't activate seemless like a factory set up if it activates at all, thought to be cause of stalling, not the case but still the wiz thought it could be the problem one less thing to eliminate. By far the worst mod done.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put the Snake Oyl cruise control on my '00 RT, and, other than a bad solder joint in the transmitter, has operated better than most stock cruise controls - it locks on exactly where you want it (no surge, not noticable until you pull your foot off the throttle and the pedal doesn't move), and stays exactly there, even in sixth gear, etc, etc.

However, my '00 uses a slightly different unit than a gen I, in that there is only one throttle cable on a gen II. I've always assumed they were basically the same unit, just the gen I has two cables that come out of the cruise control actuator.

OP
OP
J

JoeViperRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the response, Randy. I'm not an electrical guy.. so, I'd have to have someone install it. Did you do it? or have it done? Who should do it -- the Dodge dealer? An alarm guy?

jp

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed it myself - took about 3-4 hours - the most time-consuming part is splicing the six wires into the wiring harness near the remote positive battery connection. Depends on your comfort level with that, or if you know someone comfortable with a soldering iron and wiring that would help you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62