New silver dash and dash plaque issues

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have ordered the silver dash panels for my FE Coupe and was told they are on back order. The dash plaque is attached (Glued?) to the original black one. My choices are 1. try to remove it and put it on the silver one, 2. get a reproduction for the silver one and leave the original alone, 3. leave the original alone and don't put anything on the silver panel. I plan to keep the original panels. Is there a part number for the plaque? Anyone here have the ability to make a duplicate or know where I can go?
Thanks for your help.

Bob K

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bob,

Just install the silver painted panel, and keep your original the way it came, with the plaque attached. Getting a plaque will be near impossible, and there is no way at present, for fear of folks trying to duplicate a specific number.

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have ordered the silver dash panels for my FE Coupe and was told they are on back order. The dash plaque is attached (Glued?) to the original black one. My choices are 1. try to remove it and put it on the silver one, 2. get a reproduction for the silver one and leave the original alone, 3. leave the original alone and don't put anything on the silver panel. I plan to keep the original panels. Is there a part number for the plaque? Anyone here have the ability to make a duplicate or know where I can go?
Thanks for your help.

Bob K

Wow :confused:

Krazy PSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said "what the hell" and ordered a CARBON FIBRE DASH PLAQUE from ELITE MOTORSPORTS.

2003 SRT-HEFFNER TWINTURBO "1040RWHP&1135RWTQ"
1999 DIABLO VT-HEFFNER TWIN SUPERCHARGED "620hp&740tq"
2005 MERCEDES CL65-HEFFNER MODIFIED&TUNED "650HP&830TQ"
2005 MURCIELAGO (HEFFNER TWINTURBO SOON TO BE ANNOUNCED)
2005 AUDI A8 (STOCK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 20INCH HRE'S)
1970 CUDA (VIPER MOTOR,BAER BRAKES,RECAROS,20INCH WHEELS,COILOVERS)
2006 RANGE ROVER SUPERCHARGED
2006 CLS 55
2006 Viper Coupe (CARBON FIBRE DASH PLAQUE FROM ELITE)

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

That didn't work either...

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[image]www.garyjavo.com/images/pictures/TWINTURBOVIPERGTS/New Folder/srtcoupe2ndplace.jpg[/image]

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your help.

Bob K

Where did you order yours? I just ordered from Parts Rack and they are on the way. Jon mentioned patience with a warm hair dryer and dental floss to remove the placque, and yes they are working on being able to make duplicates. As for me, I think I am just going to leave my original on the black and go without. If I miss it, then I'll order the replica from Parts rack as well.

OP
OP
B

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim,
I like that phrase "dental floss to remove the plaque". Has a good ring to it. Actually, I ordered my dash panel from the dealer. It is the same part used on the Commemorative Edition SRT. I suspect CAAP will be getting a few orders for them from FE coupe owners and doubt they anticipated the demand. Its not like they probably had a pile of extras laying around.

Bob K

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BOB K,

If you look at the one Jerry (Black Mamba) installed on his dash, it does not show it covering the center councel at all,only the flat dash area, so no need in removing the number plaque at all..

or is what he installed a different part and or number then the one you have coming??

Please respond, I want to add the pieces also, but, concerened about removing the number plaque from the center councel...

Rick

OP
OP
B

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just spoke with my dealer and the silver dash panel is due to arrive tomorrow. It is 2 pieces - the dash and front half of the center console(where the plaque goes). I'm taking the car in Friday to have them fix the air conditioning issue so will just have them install the dash at the same time.

Bob K

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave