2 sets of rims possibly for sale, 17" GenI and 18" Gen II's

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2 sets of rims possibly for sale, 17\" GenI and 18\" Gen II\'s

I have 2 sets of rims for sale, one set is a set of SIX Gen I 17" 4 Rear 13" rims and 2 front 10" no tires, just rims. They are in decent shape but no perfect asking $600+shipping

Second set is actually for a friend a set of stock gen II 18's off of a 2001 with Michelin Pilot Sports, tires still have a ton of tread on them.

Rims again are in pretty decent shape, one of the fronts has a small dent on the inside lip but it doesnt leak and isnt noticeable on the car Asking $1300 + shipping

I figured i'd give you guys first dibs before they go on ebay..

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 2 sets of rims possibly for sale, 17\" GenI and 18\" Gen II\'s

YOU HAVE A PM, I'LL TAKE THE 18" RIMS AND TIRES.

THANKS, TOM

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 2 sets of rims possibly for sale, 17

Confirmed, we are talking about the same wheels. I would request pictures of them, and a guarantee that they are straight. The Tires are junk. Here is the PM I sent Eric, after he sent me one. I am sure I am making no friends with this, but its the right thing to do, so I am doing it.

"Hey Eric,

I looked at them, they were ******, he said they would have to be reconditioned, and probably trued, due to the obvious hit they took. The front tire was blistered, indicating a significant impact. I just look at these about a week and 1/2 ago. So I just wish you would represent them better, they are curbed pretty damn bad on two of the wheels. You know I like mark, and HH and I am definetly not trying to start anything, and I sure dont want mark getting pissed at me for this, but I think its important they be appropriately represented, not this vague $hit you are saying. I wouldnt buy those things for $1000, let alone $1300-$1400, matter of fact I just bought a perfect set with great tires for $1400 DELIVERED. Please to god, tell me when you are talking about the rubber, that you are not talking about the DRY ROTTED, and blistered tires that were on those rims a week and a half ago, even mark said they were JUNK and needed to be thrown out.

Hate me if you must, but this was for the greater protection of Viper club.

Jon"

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score

First, i never said the rims/tires were new, like new, or even close to like new..... I said decent shape, here are the pics of the fronts, i'll have to go by his shop and get pics of the rest........With a little TLC you these can be nice rims, the dent can be fixed for less than a $100(i already got a quote)

http://www.extremespeedonline.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album25

As stated the tires have a good bit of tread left, the one thats dented is JUST the lip, its not out of round, i had no vibrations from it while driving at 120+mph......they are dirty and probably the original tires from 2001, but certainly driveable and were just fine for me on track for a day driving at high speeds.

Jon, I'm not here trying to rip anyone off, so stop make it seem like it. I had a friend who wanted to sell some wheels/tires

The guy that owns these, owns a wheel tire shop he checked them for round/trueness. let me know if you want pics of the rears and i'll try to run by and get some more pics

So now you can sleep at night Jon knowing you saved the world from Eric trying to sell a couple sets of rims....tool

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

eric in light of the new information i have decided not to purchase the rims/tires
from the 2001 viper. i'm sure someone that needs them for track purposes might
be interested. i wanted to let you know asap so i dont hold you up.

tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger