Can anyone check out an Alliance, OH (Canton/Akron/Youngstown) Viper?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a Viper in Alliance, OH I would like to have checked out. I would appreciate if anyone was available to do this.

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. I grew up there and I'm quite suprised that there is one there. Strange. I was just looking on realtor.com looking at houses in Alliance before I clicked over here. A house across the street from where I lived is listed for a whopping $55,000!

Anyway, carry on!

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Try contacting Todd Knisly, he lives about 15 minutes away and I am sure he would be willing to help.

Send him an I.M. at 01sapphireGTS

Good luck,

Tim

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try contacting Todd Knisly, he lives about 15 minutes away and I am sure he would be willing to help.

Send him an I.M. at 01sapphireGTS

Good luck,

Tim

Screw that, I'm not sending him an IM! :D

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, was talking on I.M. at the same time I was typing and a few wires got crossed in my brain!

yea, yea, P.m. is what I meant! :smirk:

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, was talking on I.M. at the same time I was typing and a few wires got crossed in my brain!

yea, yea, P.m. is what I meant! :smirk:

Actually, I was joking because I wouldn't have to track him down via IM since he had already posted in the thread ;)

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After looking at the 04 located at Wally Armour in Alliance OH, yesterday evening here is what happened.

I spoke w/ Dale Mitchell on the phone before heading over. He had about 1 minute to discuss the car w/ me. I arrived around 4:30 and found my way to Dale. He walked me over to an indoor showroom where the car is being kept.

The dealership owner bought the car used ( around 2000 miles ) for himself. It now has approx 6000 miles on it. I looked at the body panels for fitment/repaint issues. The biggest problem with the car is it is scuffed and scrtched like it was driven thru a row of shrubs. Many of the scratches are very deep almost like a razor blade cut them in with various abrasions scattered around.

The keys were hanging in the ignition and I asked if "we" could start it. The immediate responce was NO. "We're not starting the car unless we have a deal". I said, so a test drive is probably out of the question ? OH YA, I'm not getting in trouble today. He said "Sir, this is a $61,000 car".

I had already explained why I was there looking two times prior to this, and again explained that I was looking at the car for a VCA Member who was interested. I explained again that I can't relay the true condition of the car without starting and driving it.

He poo-pooed my measley 01 (assuming it was a $40K car) and said well this is a 04 and the owner won't let anybody drive it.

Now the entire time there is a group of 5 salesmen sitting around talking about "slamming" this customer, "dunking" this customer, some "idiot customer" who came in at 4:50 and needed a loaner to drive while his car was in service.

- I think in short the car has had a hard life, the dealership and salespeople are klowns and you would be much better off looking elsewhere. ( I wouldn't buy the car myself ).

Hope this helps !
Todd
330-327-4880

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Todd, have you ever seen or heard the commercials for Wally Armour. It sounds like the commercials fit!
Sorry to hear you had to waste your time.

Slaughter, there is an 03 srt down here at a local dealer advertised in the paper for $57,995, 15K miles.

I have not looked at the car yet.

Dealers phone number is 866-492-5000, this dealer has a good reputation, and I have bought cars from them.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, the dealership owner gets on the radio or TV and just yells his ad. Seems like a hack shop.

I don't mind at all taking the time to look at the car, I would hope someone would do it for me if the roles were reversed. The VCA Rocks.

( I was looking forward to driving a SRT though, even if just around the block. )

If I can be of help to anyone else, I would be glad to lend a hand.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd,

Thank you very much for looking into this for me. It sounded a bit suspect when you mentioned in the PM about the TV ads this place runs, but I was hoping since it was a Dodge dealership, that it might be better than other places - oh well. Sounds like a bunch of jagoffs who have treated the car poorly. Thanks again!

Regards,

John

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd, have you ever seen or heard the commercials for Wally Armour. It sounds like the commercials fit!
Sorry to hear you had to waste your time.

Slaughter, there is an 03 srt down here at a local dealer advertised in the paper for $57,995, 15K miles.

I have not looked at the car yet.

Dealers phone number is 866-492-5000, this dealer has a good reputation, and I have bought cars from them.

Interesting, I don't suppose you have the VIN, know if it is silver, or know if it was a rental?