Comp Coupe, Comp Coupe, . . . . Raffle Coupe!

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MCVO Chapter took a tour of the Comp Coupe plant at Roush Racing this afternoon:

659405ASC-RoushTour_014-med.jpg

This small hand assembly plant makes Conner Avenue look like a mass production giant. It's facinating to see these race cars being carefully fit together.

659405ASC-RoushTour_012-med.jpg

They start with standard Viper parts and go from there . . .

659405ASC-RoushTour_013-med.jpg

Look closely and you can see the built in air jacks --

659405ASC-RoushTour_010-med.jpg

For those of us that don't get to be around Comp Coupes that often, it is interesting to see the difference between the World Challenge (red) and Viper Racing League (blue) models.

659405ASC-RoushTour_009-med.jpg

659405ASC-RoushTour_015-med.jpg

The World Challenge models have a slightly longer nose, with more aggressive hood louvers, exhaust exiting mid side sill, and a larger wing (and I'm sure a few other things too).

659405ASC-RoushTour_019-med.jpg

Really looks like a Dodge, doesn't it?!!

659405ASC-RoushTour_006-med.jpg

659405ASC-RoushTour_011-med.jpg

The Viper Racing League models have a shorter nose, exhaust exit at back of side sill, and a standard wing.

659405ASC-RoushTour_018-med.jpg

659405ASC-RoushTour_016-med.jpg

If you are confused, Tommy Archer drives a World Challenge car.

659405compcoupe-med.jpg

Of course, the Comp Coupe that is catching the most attention right now is the VCA raffle car.

659405ASC-RoushTour_002-med.jpg

659405ASC-RoushTour_005-med.jpg

In case you were thinking about taking a friend along for a ride in your winning car . . .

659405ASC-RoushTour_004-med.jpg

And, at today's gas prices . . .

659405ASC-RoushTour_003.jpg

Here's the view from the driver's seat -- tough to get in, but great to sit there!

659405ASC-RoushTour_021-med.jpg

They're great cars, and for the price about the most automotive sex you can get for the money! :2tu:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures. Great field trip. Raffle car reality test: The FMV of the prize is income. I would guess that most players would be in at least a 30% overall tax bracket. 30% times the $150,000 sticker price ( note that I am not even including the value of the other items listed in the prize) = $45,000. Thus to play, win, and keep the car, assuming one ticket purchased, would cost at least $45,100 plus the tax attributable to the other items plus any applicable other local tax and tag costs plus the upkeep and storage after the initial subsidy expires. On the other hand, if you were going to buy one any way or you intend to immediately flip it after winning (you would still have to pay the tax), sounds like a raffle to consider. Of course if you are in a lower tax bracket the numbers are lower. Good luck raffle players. The prize vehicle is spectacular!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget to add that 180-190k to your income when estimating your tax bracket. I would think most would be in the 38% + state range. That is 44% here and why I have estimated 80k in tax. Hmm.

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want it, I want it, I want it!!! I have just the place for it, it is called the living room. Who needs stinkin' old couches and chairs? What a beauty, and would go so well with the red GTS. :p

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per the IRS web site:Married Filing Jointly or Qualifying Widow(er)
If taxable income is over-- But not over-- The tax is:
$0 $14,600 10% of the amount over $0
$14,600 $59,400 $1,460.00 plus 15% of the amount over 14,600
$59,400 $119,950 $8,180 plus 25% of the amount over 59,400
$119,950 $182,800 $23,317.50 plus 28% of the amount over 119,950
$182,800 $326,450 $40,915.50 plus 33% of the amount over 182,800
$326,450 no limit $88,320.00 plus 35% of the amount over 326,450

Thus the highest rate for the calendar year 2005 is 35%. It applies to taxable income in excess of $326,450. The "combined rate" is the blended rate you actually pay on your total taxable income. The 35% rate is referred to as a marginal rate. You are certainly right about the local tax rates of certain jurisdictions. I think that any Viper Club members living in New York City may have it the worst. Good luck raffle participants! It is a great car.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Too bad the VCA has been unable to get the 4 co-sponsors decals on the car as promised. Archer / Bobby Archer / Viper Days / PartsRack. They DID manage to get a VCA decal on the car, however. Thousands and Thousands of eyes have now seen the car at Rondevous and Tours and now here. Sheesh. C'mon VCA officers, Sponsors are keeping OUR promises.
-----------------

GREAT CAR! But PLEASE, PLEASE DONT BUY A TICKET, BECAUSE MY ODDS NEED TO GO UP. Yeah, TAXES, thats it! Hateful taxes. Dont Risk having tax! DONT BUY !

Heck, I could use it as a daily driver in the SUMMER, just leave it at PIR and do the driving and pacing there. But those nasty taxes should discourage YOU from buying a ticket. Dont Buy, PLEASE? And GAMBLING is a sickness, EVIL, too. DAMNATION AND EXHAUST-FIRE on those who buy a raffle ticket. Go forth, my brothers, and SPIN no more............ Amen

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad the VCA has been unable to get the 4 co-sponsors decals on the car as promised. Archer / Bobby Archer / Viper Days / PartsRack. They DID manage to get a VCA decal on the car, however. Thousands and Thousands of eyes have now seen the car at Rondevous and Tours and now here. Sheesh. C'mon VCA officers, Sponsors are keeping OUR promises.
-----------------
GREAT CAR! But PLEASE, PLEASE DONT BUY A TICKET, BECAUSE MY ODDS NEED TO GO UP. Yeah, TAXES, thats it! Hateful taxes. Dont Risk having tax! DONT BUY !
Heck, I could use it as a daily driver in the SUMMER, just leave it at PIR and do the driving and pacing there. But those nasty taxes should discourage YOU from buying a ticket. Dont Buy, PLEASE? And GAMBLING is a sickness, EVIL, too. DAMNATION AND EXHAUST-FIRE on those who buy a raffle ticket. Go forth, my brothers, and SPIN no more............ Amen

I don't even see a VCA decal.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a search and cannot find more pics of the World Challenge front facia. It seems there was one on here a few months ago (Blue, white stripes). Anyone know the pic I mean?

Jeff

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a raffle ticket and if I win, I will pay the taxes.
A new CC for half price ain't bad!

When will the raffle be?
I want it for TWS in Jan!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This must have been another one of those secret MCVO events... My membership must have been revoked or something because I never received any notice... again...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom it sounds like you are not on the MCVO mailing list. I would contact Jim Bilienda and get it straightened out (or to [email protected]).

Note the notice came out very late (which unfortunately is an MCVO norm). It was emailed November 7 at 8:16 p.m. for a November 18 event (note a work day).