VA-MD Holiday Party -- December 17

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Virginia-Maryland Region's 4th annual "Merry Hiss-mas" Holiday Party will be held on Saturday, December 17, at the Loew's Hotel in Annapolis, MD, from 6:00-11:00 pm. Once again, our Vice-President, Lee Stubberfield, has lined up a great event for our club; this year's event will be better than ever! We won't have Santa, but we will have another special guest whom you will find interesting and entertaining.

Invitations will be mailed this week to all VA-MD members. VCA members from other regions are invited; PM me for more details.

Reaction score
I dunno Ron.....I'm not sure just how friggin far that is from Arnold!!! I'll be in Annapolis tomorrow, from Thanksgiving...I'll see if I can make the 6 mile drive in from Arnold!! :)

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, I'm going to try and make it. I will be "VIPERLESS" until I buy another one(Hopefully Soon!). I hope that since I still have a Dodge pickup truck(Dodge family), this might enable me to stay in the club until I find another Viper. Thanks!

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, are you going to send out additional details, directions, etc.? Also, is this family friendly? Spouse friendly? ;)

Mike, who bought your car? Whoever it is that person just replaced you as top on my idol list. You can always help me fix up my car. :D

OP
OP
R

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Invitations go out in tomorrow morning's mail. I'll see that directions are posted on the Va-Md Web Site before the event. This party is definitely for members and spouses, but it would probably be best not to bring the children. This is an adult event, and there won't be anything for the youngsters to do. Obviously, the weather on December 17 could not be Viper-friendly; generally most members leave their snakes in hibernation and drive something else to the party. Coming from Fredericksburg, you might want to consider spending the night in Annapolis.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will do Ron. Thanks! If the weather is good I might bring the snake. Really need to clean it first though. Still dirty from my track event.

OP
OP
R

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While it's always nice to drive your Viper to an event, once you're there, there really won't be much of an opportunity to check out the other Vipers. So I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep leaving the Viper at home.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, no more mystery, SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER IS SKIP THOMAS OF VIPER DAYS RACING.

AND WE STILL HAVE LOT'S OF ROOM!! So at this point if you still want to come but have not responded just let me know as soon as possible. I can hold the final number open for a few more days with the hotel. Call me on my cell at 410.978.7773 if you have any questions or PM me.

To expound on a few things Ron touched on. Yes it is certainly spouse friendly. I would guess 95% are there with a spouse or significant other. But we also have a few singles and a few who bring a friend. And we do have teenagers who have attended. Gus Strakes always brings his son, I always bring my daughter. So certainly well behaved teens are welcome. Heck, any kid is welcome, just don't let them throw the baby carrots at Skip when he's talking! I pm'd one other member about babysitting, it may be possible to arange something with the hotel if we have people who need this service. If the hotel can't deal with it, I could probably arrange to have my daughter do this, she has had all the babysitting courses/experience and she has lifesaving, first aid, and cpr certificates. Don't let a kid situation stop you from coming!
As to the Vipers...I have arranged NON Valet parking for anyone wanting to drive the Snake. But as Ron said this is not a situation where the cars will be near enough to the party that we can check them out easily. So I would not worry about driving the Viper. I'm working on a dealer who has said he is willing to display a new coupe right outside the party room in the hotel circle, we can check that out instead!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth