CC raffle

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just have the drawing now! I'm holding off some plans until I find out if I win it and I need to get things moving along.

Is it sold out yet?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on Chuck...Keep chugging along with your current plans. You will never ever win this CC!!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just opened a new credit card account to buy a chance. Might have something to do with the free IPOD shuffle.

Not to worry Chuck...You will always have some seat time in my CC!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think this raffle will sell out. Notice how much they, the VCA, is advertising this one? I am getting an e-mail just about every day telling me how close the deadline is. How many people want a car that isn't street leagl? Not I. Sure it would be cool own it but I want a car I can drive on the streets not just the track.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be torn between trackin' it and making it street legal...... they do it with kit cars all the time.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I don't think this raffle will sell out. Notice how much they, the VCA, is advertising this one? I am getting an e-mail just about every day telling me how close the deadline is. How many people want a car that isn't street legal? Not I. Sure it would be cool own it but I want a car I can drive on the streets not just the track. >>

i must admit that i agree with this. i would love to win the car, but i definately do not have the time or the finances to run a car like this. and i certainly dont want to pay the taxes on this winning. you could possibly sell it, but that has to be a limited market, and you are still stuck with all the taxes. it is an awesome prize, but i have to pass on this one. sorry VCA.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a track ***** like Chuck this is a inexpensive way into a factory race car (i.e.: paying the taxes on it).

A question came mind on the street legal aspect. Even if you can register it as a kit car, wouldn't it be too low to the ground for the street, with the splitter, etc ... . I guess one could put 20 inch wheels on it to raise it a bit. Also, does it have windows? If not, it would be hard to park and leave anywhere, especially if it may rain (here in Colorado, weather can change from one hour to the next).

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ingress and egress is tricky - the opening is pretty small. The seat is tight. The car is HOT - consistently over 120 degrees F in the cabin.

If has no seatbelts, so you'd have to use the 5 points. The seat is not adjustable.

It has very little ventilation - only a psuedo defroster and some vents in the roof.

It has no key - just the button. No locks, no windows, no passenger seat. Security would be a joke. The rear window is held in with 1/4 turn fasteners.

It's LOW - you'll scrape / bust the front splitter over anything. You'll also manage to scrape / bust the rear diffuser strakes.

Rear visability is horrendous.

Paying the taxes would be the least of your worries if you want to make this street legal - be prepared to open your checkbook for way more than the taxes in order to get something that you could actually drive ANYWHERE.

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure you could make it street legal, DC is very adamant about keeping the CC off the street and may just go out of their way to foil your attempts to do so.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone in the know tell us how many tickets have been sold? I've heard rumors that the number was as low as 800 as of a week or two ago. At what sales point and on what date will they decide not to finish the raffle?

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't read anything about a minimum number of tickets required. Anybody know if there is a min?

If they've only sold 800 I'm buying a few more. I can't afford to race it without sponsorship but worse case scenario it could easily be sold...after somebody cuts my hands off the wheel.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also, does it have windows? If not, it would be hard to park and leave anywhere, especially if it may rain (here in Colorado, weather can change from one hour to the next).
No windows, like a Gen I Viper? :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acmeinfolabs