San Francisco Area Member Help Needed!

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found a set of 96 Viper GTS rims in the San Francisco area, advertised in a local paper. I'm negotiating a deal with the seller, but since he's not an established member here or on e-bay, not quite sure how I am going to pull off the transaction!

Anyone here in the San Francisco area that can check these rims out, buy them for me, and ship them to me? Will paypal for the rims, plus a reasonable fee for your trouble, packing, and shipping.

Any help would be much appreciated, the 96 rims should really dress up my 94!

Jay

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Are you SURE that you want 1996 "rims"...remembering the "weld" info, and the cracking of same???

This will get you started on a search about 1996 wheels:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=312727&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=258333&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

and from GTS Dean:
quote:Originally posted by Henry Cone:
So be careful about your 17" 5 spoke wheels - I would strongly recommend that you inspect them carefully to make sure what you really have, particularlly if you are going to run you car in track events.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found a set of 96 Viper GTS rims in the San Francisco area, advertised in a local paper. I'm negotiating a deal with the seller, but since he's not an established member here or on e-bay, not quite sure how I am going to pull off the transaction!

Anyone here in the San Francisco area that can check these rims out, buy them for me, and ship them to me? Will paypal for the rims, plus a reasonable fee for your trouble, packing, and shipping.

Any help would be much appreciated, the 96 rims should really dress up my 94!

Jay

Ive got my 97 GTS wheels. You want them? If so PM me an offer. The tires have full tread on them. Cuz they only had 7k miles on them. The only downfall, is that the tires are 7 years old. Let me know. Im 2 hours south of SF

OP
OP
S

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, that quite the read on the rims. Had no idea there were issues with them! Good to know! These will be strictly for street use, so as long as they don't show any signs of cracking, should be ok for my application, car only goes out a couple times a week in the summer, and doesn't get tossed too hard into the corners very often. Will keep my stock 3 spokes for track duty though...

Will have to take a good look at the
"2 chrome plated 17" OEM wheels from a 1996 Viper"
that I picked up on e-bay a couple weeks ago...should be here any day. Had to go for it, $200 for the pair!!

I really only need a pair of rear chrome 96-98 rims to go with them, but really don't want to pay more than a couple hundred each. By time they get to Canada with the exchange, tax, brokerage and shipping, the cost almost doubles (The $200US rims from e-bay will be about $375CA by time they get to my door, still a hell of a deal), and I have all winter to keep an eye out for a pair.
Plus, they are a want, not a need, and since I just bought the car this year, trying to pay it off as fast as possible!

Then I found this set of polished 17" 96 GTS rims that I might be able to get for an even better deal, so gotta check it out.

Warfang, appreciate the offer :2tu: , when I hear back from the seller with some pix (seems ok with my offer so far) if they look ok I'll PM you. Thanks!

Jay