ashamed to be seen in your viper, if you see a c6 z06 ?

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
since modding your car don't count (according to Gen 2 guys who post gen 3 board)will you be ashamed to be seen in the presence of the great z ?...........

Reaction score
I don't own a Viper, but I would not be ashamed if I was in the presence of the great Z06 in my Stang. It all comes down to what YOU like. Besides with the Viper's looks eyes will shoot to it first. Just my opinion.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you be ashamed if you were with a super model and saw Ally McBeal with a boob-job? Don't get me wrong, GM did a great job but the vet will never have the allure of a Viper (for me at least).

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I preferred a Z I'd go buy one. I had a Vette & sold it for one reason. Nothing has changed that decision for me. End of story.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you care what someone else is driving? Whether someone is driving a Pinto or an Enzo, it's someone else. I'm not so insecure that stuff like that matters to me.

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
since modding your car don't count (according to Gen 2 guys who post gen 3 board)will you be ashamed to be seen in the presence of the great z ?...........

BWWWAAAAAHHHHHAAAAHAHAAAA!!!!!

Are you kidding?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How could anyone ever be ashamed of their Viper??? Unless it has major damage, puffed oil (bad) or soemthing there can be nothing to be ashamed about. Ever.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not ashamed at all. I bought the Viper for it's looks and the desire to have one. A Corvette to me is still a Corvette. I have always said, I would have bought the Viper if it had 200HP or 700HP, does not matter to me. I just LOVE the car!!

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would be ashamed if i were in the vette....becuase you will probably see five more before you drive anohter mile.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually threads this idiotic don't appear till mid winter when people are so bored they will post anything.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I preferred a Z I'd go buy one. I had a Vette & sold it for one reason. Nothing has changed that decision for me. End of story.

That is exactly how it is, if I wanted one I would have it. I am not biased to the Viper as I have a Vette as well. The thought of the new Z making me feel ashamed in my Viper is so ludicrous it boarders on being one of the stupidest things ever posted on this board. :bonker:

JeffM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not ashamed at all. I bought the Viper for it's looks and the desire to have one. A Corvette to me is still a Corvette. I have always said, I would have bought the Viper if it had 200HP or 700HP, does not matter to me. I just LOVE the car!!

My thoughts EXACTLY!

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sell your Viper now before you can't give them away.

I will give 30K for all GTS's under 10K miles in mint condition and 20K for all others.

TT Vipers, add 5K. :D

signed,

let me ease your shame

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dumbest Post Ever! :rolleyes:

As much as I hate to agree with aceller8, I have to on this one. If you're embarrassed, don't buy a viper...get the vette. I have never been embarrassed by a vette.....I do like them though, but not enough to buy one.

OP
OP
L

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gentlemen..........My tongue firmly in cheeck........It is idiotic, it's also a view gen 3 owners have to read daily from gen 1/2 owners.....point made...it's all good.....Dave

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you sir just won the prize.... are you ready for it... put your face right up to the screen to see it ok...... here it comes...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

:hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker: :hitfan: :bonker:

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just for the record, I have owned 5 Corvettes,(some of my best friends still do). I sold my last one in September, it had every go fast bolt on available putting out somewhere near 420HP. My best 1/4 mile was 12.71 at 108MPH, every Viper I raced (a lot of them) beat me; even when they were asleep at the lights. While the Corvette is called "Americas Only True Sports Car" and almost everyone who loves cars always has wanted to own one THEY ARE DEFINATTLY NOT A VIPER!!!

A C-5 or C-6 can make a nice daily driver and will hold their own against almost all other cars on the road but it took GM 50 years to build a car to match what Dodge did with the release of the first Viper and another 5 to even come close to the performance of a stock gen 3.

As far as the looks, I have had more people wave, flash the old :2tu: comment, snap their heads or drool over the RT/10 in 2 months than I did in 10 years of driving a vette.

For 3 years my Corvette turned Viper buddies tried to convince me to make the switch, (thanks Rob & Cody, peer pressure is a wicked thing) now I wonder why I waited so long, Eric Lee out of Twin Falls gave me the keys to a Gen 2 & Gen 3 to drive, it only took 3 seconds in the RT/10 :cool: to know what I had been missing the last 10 years driving vettes & what my next car would be.

Yea the new Z06 is amazing car but so is the waiting list for one and the additional dealer markup is highway robbery. Ashamed to be next to a new Z06 I don't think so!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper