What Model Year Is Worst...?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quit beatin' round the bush, give it to me straight. What year is worst? :buttkick:

17 inches of snow, nothing to do but: Lay around the shanty and talk some trash. :bonker:

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only "worst" I know has a dolphin. So your statement about old and red is correct for that ONE specific car.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
worst??? I'd say 92 RT maybe "old and red" imo

honestly THERE IS NO WORST

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim- (LOL) I get that all day long. All the more reason, I love it (eat it up). When that car goes down the road the world stops. It's an act of Patriotism. Who give a flyin' whoot, when the calendar goes to 2006 someones car is not the newest or the best anymore. But the Oldest and Worst Viper is still the King.

But I support DC and their ability to build 'em better and better.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO: The '95 red&tan R/T I looked at before finding my GTS.
The thing was BEAT, and the guy wanted 45K Canadian, I imagine he's still got it if anyones interested in a project/parts car.
Generaly they're all good, IF thet're taken care of!

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff i agree, its got classic lines that will never go out of style.

its funny but even today's 2006 line up of cars have very few that move me like a 10+ yr old Gen 1

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed... 2000 always comes up as the least desirable year. Mild cam, no forged pistons, no ABS. The only thing that helps save this year is the popularity of the Steel Gray color. This is based on the car, not the appearance.

For bad looks I would say 95 Emerald green and the Ronald McDonald Red/Yellow.

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hands down the red & mustard McViper.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry dude but I have to disagree. I have two snakes. My 01 puts down 480 RW which is far more than my 96 Mc Viper. But if I had to keep just one it would be the Mc Viper. It is twice as much fun to drive. You actually have to drive the car. It's far more "seat of the pants"
When I first bought my Mc Viper I thought "those wheels have to go" but within 1 week fell in love with the look. Would love to enhance it with a Mustard painted Roe SC, perhaps later......

As for the worst Viper ? Is there such a beast? I love em all. :D

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the '91 Viper was the worst. :cool:

Actually, I believe there are ones, they are called pre production, and I SURE *** HELL would give up my 02 ACR for one of those...

Not because I would drive it.. but because I would sell it and make a killing.. I'm sure the only flaw in my plan is that Chrysler owns them and prob has them in a museum.

Jon

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
worst??? I'd say 92 RT maybe "old and red" imo

honestly THERE IS NO WORST

Yes, the son of a btch that made that piece of sht Hulk Hogan Viper. Someone should smash that up to raise money for a worthy cause.

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everyone knows that the 89 is not as valuable as the 87 TT Pre-preproduction. :) It had almost 900Hp and 1000Tq. But then some tree hugin' hippies got a hold of it and so the story begins.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agreed... 2000 always comes up as the least desirable year. Mild cam, no forged pistons, no ABS. [...]
For bad looks I would say 95 Emerald green and the Ronald McDonald Red/Yellow.
No one but a very few half-assed modifiers are going to care about whether the pistons are forged or not. As such, to constantly repeat this as a significant reason to feel the 2000 is somehow worse than any other year qualifies as not your most intelligent comment. I did my research, evidently unlike many, and the incidence of cast piston failure is evidently no higher than forged piston failure (and both are very small). More importantly, I've driven most year's models, and definitely prefer the 2000 and later to the '96 to'99 models. Gen I is a very different car, which has its own attraction.

Although, I'm often surprised by exactly who repeats such comments...

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this thread is extremely poor taste. What's next? Who's got the ugliest children?

You people surprise me sometimes. Creating a thread to see if we can make some car owners feel bad about their car. Pathetic...

It's sad that our board has such simpletons that believe based on pistons and brakes you could pick the least wanted car in a 14 year production span.

I love my 2000 Steel Grey ACR. If I needed help driving it, I'd have bought a Vette.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah Jeff dont take it personally, I think Jeff is so snowbound that hes got nothing else to do but think of vipers...cut him some slack..BTW your car looks sweet!

Adam

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did my research, evidently unlike many, and the incidence of cast piston failure is evidently no higher than forged piston failure (and both are very small).

Oh oh!! I did! I dusted 9 pistons on my '01, so when I went shopping for the next one, I looked for a '99. No problems ever!

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff-00-ACR "I think this thread is extremely poor taste."

I can live with that.

It's a joke, how different is it from... What year is best?

It has been said before: The best Viper is the one parked in your garage.