Passed and chased down a SRT-10 FE...

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I went for a drive today and ran across a SRT-10 Coupe FE. I turned around and followed him to a gas station (I was in my car). I wanted to check out the car and say hello and see if he was a VCA member...guys was semi-friendly, car was absolutely gorgeous. I have never much cared for the look of the GenIII but the coupe its awesome, I would definitely own one. :2tu:

Now...a little vent: The guy kept explaining to me how "its the only one in georgia (which I know for a fact is not true) and how its a first edition" I just wanted to say, no $hit, notice how I have a Viper...that means I know a thing or two about them...AND I knew it was a FE when I passed because it was a blue/white SRT-10 Coupe...

Why are these GenIII cupholder guys so condecending? :curse:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Because he just shelled out 80-90K and he doesn't want YOU anywhere near him stealing his thunder??

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Because he just shelled out 80-90K and he doesn't want YOU anywhere near him stealing his thunder??

huh, that's pretty funny. I was more pissed about him assuming I didn't know anything about the cars. he's the one that flashed his lights at me, I assumed that was a friendly jesture...I joined this club to meet other people with a common interest, but I guess some people aren't very friendly.

either way, it was a nice car...I'm glad someone's around to buy them new and keep the miles down so I can buy it for half the price in a few short years.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what if he said it was an FE. I don't find that condescending unless it was in his tone of voice. Lighten up!

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my point was he kept telling me how rare it was. I don't tell them mine is an RT/10...I guess you just had to be there, just seemed bothered by me.

I know its not a big deal and I'm not upset, just seems like Viper guys could drop the attitude with other Viper guys...

KC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
he might not no anything about vipers? could just be one rich dude and wanted to be the only one around driving one. Most true viper people are very friendly and like showing people their car

It is a nice looking coupe. Much better looking now with the hard top and rear end flare. The one in Tucson they want $101,000.00 thats ten grand above sticker.

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the vert, but the coupe looks much better in person. from pictures I didn't think I'd like the rear end as much as I do the GTS, but it looks sweet, its definitely a Viper...

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do really like the new coupe, too. The rear is awesome with the lower 'splitter' and sidepipes.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a newbie to the Viper community, because he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does, and is not aware of how much about the FE coupe is known by Viperholics. He thinks he has to explain that its a first edition, as if a Viper fan wouldn't know. Must mean he just learned it, and thinks his info is new and unknown.

"Mine is the only one in Georgia" Heh heh, its like he is just repeating what the dealer told him, like a parrot, and he believes it!

OP
OP
S

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I need to drive one of the GenIII's, I hear they are really smooth. The interior looked nice...a little too nice if you ask me, much different than my GenI, but the blue accents were cool. pictures make the rear look flat, but its nice in person. when I passed him I didn't notice it was a GenIII until I saw the rear. the stripes look like they are spaced a little differently than the GenII, so it makes spotting them from a distance a little easier...

M. ROD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they want $101,000.00 thats ten grand above sticker.

Check this one out

4382DSCN1301.jpg

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amd that is why they are sitting on the showroom floors instead of going down the road.

Dodge marketing screwed the pooch on this one tryi9ng to satidsfy the greedy dealers.

Thye'd all be sold out otherwise.

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are they nuts, $20K market adjustment!!!!! That is f***ing crazy. Would love to see that dealer eat that car for like 6 months then drop it 10K over MSRP, then another 6 months and drop it to sticker, then another 6 months and sell it for invoice...

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most Vipers owners I've met have been extremely nice. The only time I remember someone being rude was in Atlanta one day. The guy had a Gen 2 red RT/10. He was in a parking lot and I asked him to take some pics, he said ok but seemed agitated by waiting on me. When I asked him if I could sit in it for a pic, he laughed and said "yeah right". I know he mightve been in a hurry or just really picky about his car, but I thought actually laughing at me was rude. He also claimed his car was "the only one like it in GA". It did sound a lot meaner than a stock Viper, but i'm not sure what made mods he had done to make it the only one in GA. Either GA has a bunch of people who have been lied to about the rarity of their car or people who dont realize driving a Viper is impressive enough without lying about it

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love reading those market adjustments on cars, no matter what type of car it is. Just makes me laugh all the time. They are usually so far off it is not even funny.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a newbie to the Viper community, because he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does, and is not aware of how much about the FE coupe is known by Viperholics. He thinks he has to explain that its a first edition, as if a Viper fan wouldn't know. Must mean he just learned it, and thinks his info is new and unknown.

"Mine is the only one in Georgia" Heh heh, its like he is just repeating what the dealer told him, like a parrot, and he believes it!

Yup sounds like a newbie. Look for it to be for sell in a few months when he realizes he isn't the only one who has one ;)

Then again, if he gets on the board, we can get him hooked on the Viper community peice and he might see that modesty isn't a bad thing :)

Darkness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I had the 90k to buy one right now I'd go to that dealer asking 110k for it, drive crap out of the car, rack like 30 miles on the test drive, do some burnouts, slides etc. And then tell the salesmam, I'll take it. Sit down and write a check for exactly 90k. See what the dealer would say!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper