Where to find a wrecked/salvage project viper????

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a GTS for a project car. Preferably something with a salvage title so I don't feel so bad beatin' on it at the track. Where's the best place to look.....auctions, insurance co.'s, ebay????? Color, mileage, etc. isn't important. What's the cheapest I could expect to find one for with only cosmetic damage? Thanks for any info!

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you wont find one with cosmetic damage as a salvage car...CoPart.com is the largest salvage network in the US, but you have to be a dealer.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ebay always has Vipers that have salvage titles and "need a little body repair work"

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/classifieds/

Find out who are the largest autowreckers in your area, probably Seattle as well. A lot of vehicles are brought to salvage yards and the insurance companies that pay out for them have them up for bids. Where there is public bidding allowed it is you against some specialty wreckers and some rebuilders. You have to do some research into what certain repair work costs. The clamshell for instance. I don't know Vipers specifically, but some cars cost $10,000 just to replace the airbags so you have to know this stuff. Presumably it is illegal to re use airbag systems of of other write offs but I know some rebuilders in Quebec, Canada were getting away with this for years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4600742894

It has potential to be cheap (keeping in mind the Viper tax) because a rebuilt 94 is worth less than $30000 but it is in Kansas and the photos show this hit is hard enough you DEFINITELY need someone with body repair knowledge to see it. If you are serious maybe hire a local bodyman or vehicle appraiser to look at it(the guys insurance companies pay to do estimates if they don't have someone on staff)

There are some others on Ebay as well.Good luck!

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
also try ecocars.com out of FL.
A lot of $$$ surprises when I was rebuilding mine. Track or street, make sure about the frame. It is expensive and critical. I also got stung because I did not hear the motor run.
Good Luck

OP
OP
T

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. "Ecocars.com" doesn't seem to be working, but I've been keeping an eye on ebay. Post on this forum if anybody hears of a salvage GTS for sale

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
trainville, a friend of mine has a '97 GTS that has a good title, had some front end damage fixed, that told me he would take $ 34k for. He also has 2 - '02 GTS's with salvage title's. He would part with one of them, probably. He also has a RT/10 that has a salvaged title. All have been repaired, but need some minor things. E-mail me @ [email protected] , and I'll give you his phone number if your interested.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4