Dan Knott on Motor Trend "Power List"

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Dan Knott on Motor Trend \"Power List\"

Very proud of Dan Knott for making MT's "Power List." Dan is # 23 out of the "50 Most Influential People in the Auto Biz" according to MT.

I do, however, have one issue with the List. Bob Lutz is rated # 5. With the way GM is performing, Lutz should be #23 and Dan should be #5. SRT is a killer!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Dan Knott on Motor Trend

As a new SRT8 owner I could not agree more! I think we will hear a lot more about Don in the future!

You mean Dan! :p

LOL, It took me years to call him "Dan".

He's a super nice fellow, with lotsa smarts. He basically built a little car company in his PVO position.

Next he'll build and aftermarket parts company. Don't be surprised if he is the one that finally takes Mopar and makes the aftermarket nervious with what he does. Bet by the time he's done, a lot of those high dollar aftermarket items are designed by Chryler and sold and financed right with the car purchase.... Wheel/Tire packages, suspension packages, all those goodies people like to put on their trucks like bed covers, step bars, Euro tail lights, etc. Yes Mopar has lots of these items, but Don... umm Dan will figure out how to make them "gotta haves" at the time of purchase.

Then, no-doubt, he'll get a chance for something even bigger. Wolfgang tutored him, now he's right up there with him on the list. It was cool to see him right there with his former boss.