Clutch Reservoir Question

smfettig

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After having issues with the clutch disengaging today I decided to check the fluid level in the clutch reservoir. It seemed very low in fact was maybe 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch deep. In reading through the manual it says to fill reservoir to the "step". The only "step" or lip I see is about 2/3 up to the top of the reservoir. Can anyone confirm that is indeed the step or let me know full your reservoir is.
Thanks,
Steve

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is what i thought. my slave cylinder went out around then too with the same symptoms. again, you can try to fill it, but my guess is that the hydraulic fluid is missing because the slave cylinder inside the clutch has gone bad.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BnI is probably correct, but the fill line is 2/3 of the way up. The huge cap seal will raise the level the rest of the way.

OP
OP
S

smfettig

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was guessing the slave as well. Before I posted this thread I researhed previous posts and it seems that the slaves do have a tendancy to go out around 30K or so. Thanks for your help guys!!!!
Have a great weekend.
;)

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yup, my gen1 had slave cylinder issues with less miles. Not a simple fix either. The tranny has to be pulled back so you can access the slave.

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep. Mine started leaking a few months ago. I just got around to replacing mine. While your at it you may as well do your clutch. I am putting in a Tilton GTS-r unit. It is a nice setup but it requires some modifications to the car. I will have some pics when I am done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950