Blue or Red Brake Calipers on my Black GTS, and a few other questions...

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking at switching to red or blue calipers on my black gts. Anyone with pics of either color? Right now I'm leaning towards red, that combo on black looks hot. At the same time, I'm going to be getting Blue Stripes in the next week or so, so I'm thing the blue calipers might tie in nicely with my stripes.

Secondly, I found these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-02-VIPER-GTS-RT-POWDERCOATED-brake-calipers-EXCHANGE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33563QQitemZ8030587957QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Has anyone dealt with these guys before? I may go this route unless someone has a different suggestion on where to go for these.

Your input is appreciated!

Bat™

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have blue strips on my silver GTS. I want to do blue calipers as well as the manifold and valve covers. On a car with blue stripes I would do blue. However, I think the red looks better as you said, but with blue stripes I don't know. Therefore, since you asked for an opinion, I would get red stripes and go all red (calipers, manifold, valve covers, stripes, etc.). Good luck and post pics when all this is done.

"The other Bat"

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Blue or Red Brake Calipers on my Black GTS, and a few other questions..

This is my choice :eek: )
4459Carlsbad_VictoryVipers05_005-med.jpg

Race Yellow Rock's :2tu: :D

ViperLB

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Blue stripes on a black car? I'm not sure I would like that at all, but whatever makes you happy. More than 2 colors on a car would look funny, so I would either leave them black or go blue.

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Black and Yellow. A billion bumble bees can't be wrong.

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Blue stripes on a black car? I'm not sure I would like that at all, but whatever makes you happy. More than 2 colors on a car would look funny, so I would either leave them black or go blue.

Maybe when you see it on my car you'll change your mind ;) . I don't want a bright blue, something more towards a medium metallic blue finish.

Bat™

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have blue strips on my silver GTS. I want to do blue calipers as well as the manifold and valve covers. On a car with blue stripes I would do blue. However, I think the red looks better as you said, but with blue stripes I don't know. Therefore, since you asked for an opinion, I would get red stripes and go all red (calipers, manifold, valve covers, stripes, etc.). Good luck and post pics when all this is done.

"The other Bat"

I finally took some pics of my car a week ago. I'll post them up sometime this week. So far in the two months I've owned it I've dropped it with Eibach springs, added clearcorners, redded out my rear turn signals. I plan on maybe black chroming my stock wheels, Hurst short shifter and a few other things in the near future. Right now, stripes are next on my list.

Anyone have pics of blue calipers on their car? I'm still leaning towards red at the moment.

Bat™

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would match the stripes. You don't want a bunch of conflicting colors. You should be able to find a powder coat very close to the blue you are looking for.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
why not go with a set of silver stripes on your black car and add on a set of red calipers with silver logos on it..that will look great...visit us at www.randjdistributing.com and yes that was our ebay auction....thanks

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
we have done 2 sets of them in blue with white logos, but we can't find those pictures anywhere in our files....i guess we gotta wait for the next set...but they turned out GREAT.....but just to let you know...powdercoating BLUE is NOT the same as the 96-97 GTS blue color...they are kinda close, but not the same, becuase powdercoat and exterior paint are totally different....i think RED is the BEST color to go on brakes...

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm assuming then that it doesn't have a metallic finish. I'm getting my Blue Stripes put on next week. I'll probably photoshop my calipers to see what red would look like.

Bat™

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys have a picture of blue on your brake calipers? I didn't see any on your site.

Bat™
thats probably because it doesnt look good with a black viper. Having blue stripes and blue calipers I think would look ricer'ish. But hey to each is own. It all comes down to what tickles your pickel.

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
why not go with a set of silver stripes on your black car and add on a set of red calipers with silver logos on it..that will look great...visit us at www.randjdistributing.com and yes that was our ebay auction....thanks

I think the silver and red combo would look good. I'm pretty set on Blue Stripes though. We'll see. I may opt to just leave them black.

Bat™

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that the Viper blue stripes on black will be very original looking and possibly really cool.

The only blue powdercoating that I've seen on brake calipers is a lighter blue. I think that it would be fine on a blue Viper, but not with black. I'd go with either black or red for the calipers.

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm getting my stripes put on tomorrow :) . I've seen only one black Viper with Blue stripes on the forum, but the blue was a light blue. Mine will be more like the Viper Blue, only a tad darker. I cant wait to see it tomorrow afternoon when I go pick up the car. It was at the detailer all day prior to me dropping it off at the Graphics shop.

Again, I'll have to photoshop different color calipers onto my car after I get the Blue stripes put on to really see what would look best to me.

Bat™

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, after debating this for a long time. I've decided to go with Red Calipers. Reason being, is I think Red looks better on black, and if I ever end up selling the car, I think in general, Red would be more appealing than the Blue. Besides, Red would tie in with my taillights :) .

Bat™

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Red calipers on a black car look great. I've seen several black cars with red calipers...no vipers though.

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Batmobile,
I'm in the process of putting red calipers on my black GTS... I'll send/post some pictures as soon as they're done. I currently have stock wheels, but i've ordered new ones... pictures pending!
paul.

btw, thanks again for the overlays.... they really make the car look nicer (pictures also pending... !)