Race Logic Owners

shortybighead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am having Woodhouse do the Race Logic install for me. Mark called me and asked me about the Launch Control option. I was just curious if everyone that has the Race Logic opted for the launch control or not. From my understanding, you basically press the launch control button and then dump the clutch and it prevents you from "slipping the clutch" and smoking the tires. I believe the Race Logic should already do this without that feature, when I dump the clutch and the wheels start to spin, shouldn't the Race Logic do what it is designed to do and prevent the wheels from spinning and get traction and roll? Maybe I misunderstood what Mark was telling me. Thanks in advance for your help.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a separate feature, if you go to the racelogic web site it will explain it far better tht I could. Also, up until recently the lauch control unit wans't available to viper owners as racelogic was using the 6 cylinder model w/ extra coils for Vipers, and the launch control wasn't an option w/ that setup. About a year ago or so someone figured out that the 8 cylinder racelogic is the unit to use, and the launch control is available with that model

Reaction score
With the Launch control the benefit is that you hold a consistant RPM launch and not over spin the tires. The system cannot slow the wheels once you dump the clutch (and you must be moving at X MPH before the system starts working)so it is quicker to leave at the correct RPM as to start forward motion as soon as possible. The 8 cylinder box also offers a smoother action in my opinion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456