94 wont start

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday I moved the vipers around.They both started fine and with ease.Tonight I took the srt out for about a hour and everthing was fine.Came home parked it and wiped it down.Went over went to start the 94 nothing happened.It has full power from battery for everthing and the fuel pump kicks when you turn the key but when you turn the key to start it does nothing.It does the samething as if the clutch was not pushed in.Is their any suggestions where to start looking or trouble shooting. :confused:

thanks alot

OP
OP
F

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Floor mat in the way :eek: and connector was semi pulled apart :crazy: .Thanks for the help guys :2tu: .Another reason to loose the drivers side floor mat.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday I moved the vipers around.They both started fine and with ease.Tonight I took the srt out for about a hour and everthing was fine.Came home parked it and wiped it down.Went over went to start the 94 nothing happened.It has full power from battery for everthing and the fuel pump kicks when you turn the key but when you turn the key to start it does nothing.It does the samething as if the clutch was not pushed in.Is their any suggestions where to start looking or trouble shooting. :confused:

thanks alot

For future reference if anyone searches "Won't start":

Check that the floor mat is not under the clutch pedal preventing the switch from being made, then check the clutch switch and it's connection. If that is not that, there is a fuse in the neighborhood of the underhood battery cable connection (drivers side, on outside of footwell)..... all by itself, check it. If I remember right, that fuse is between the starter relay and the starter solenoid, it got corroded on my '95, and gave me the same issues. Next, check the starter relay. Last but not least, check the starter solenoid.