TWIN TURBO VIPER.....................

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving my SUPRA TT this weekend gives me the rush to install a kit on the VIPER, I can hear those blowoff valves whistling. I have a 99 GTS and would be interested in some basic info on what is involved, what must be changed, upgraded and so on.I have researched the BLOWERS and am curious about the turbos? Also what are the best kits dolllar for dollar. Any input is appreciated. Thanks Wayne

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All info in the world about turbos/pricing is somewhere
in PAOLO COSTELLANO'S posts.
You'll either die from brain input overload or fall asleep!
He's a straight shooter,probably cause its still a hobby
but he's got his TT sheet together!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All info in the world about turbos/pricing is somewhere
in PAOLO CASTELLANO'S posts.
You'll either die from brain input overload or fall asleep!
He's a straight shooter,probably cause its still a hobby
but he's got his TT sheet together!

TOOOFST, thanks for your support!

Here is a link to the thread on turbo sizing for Twin Turbo Vipers.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB24&Number=551727&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Wayne, TOOF is correct! You will either have brain overload or you will fall asleep!==> Hopefully, you will be so excited you can't sleep! That's how I was when I was designing and fabrication my first front mount Viper TT.

I have been working on one more redesign that will allow for an even bigger pair of turbos for the ultimate power for the really crazy guys.

I will have JGK post a picture for me soon!

Anybody interested, please give me a call @ 630-878-3907. Thanks! Paolo

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picture Posted.

Jay K.

1122untitled.jpg

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like what paolo has to say and teaches me all the time but i just dont like those wrappings on his system. do they ALL gotta ahve that on them ?

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like what paolo has to say and teaches me all the time but i just dont like those wrappings on his system. do they ALL gotta ahve that on them ?

Plumcrazy, That is the car that, in the effort to make a system to run at Bradenton, we did not get the chance to ceramic coat the system like the rest of the production units that will be made from this point foreward. I will be doing an install in the next few weeks here that will be the ceramic coated units that have a beautiful stainless steel polished to chrome heat shield that looks like a million bucks that you will love! Please P.M. your email address to me and I will send you pictures when we get it on the car!

OP
OP
B

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey PAOLO, So i hear you are the man to talk to about the TT kits. What kind of turbos do you use, what type of boost setting is recomended, do we need to do extensive engine work? Do you use a front mount with the kit and what kind of horsepower is expected with the bassic kit? Also how far back will this set me? I think that covers it.Thanks.Wayne

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey PAOLO, So i hear you are the man to talk to about the TT kits. What kind of turbos do you use, what type of boost setting is recomended, do we need to do extensive engine work? Do you use a front mount with the kit and what kind of horsepower is expected with the basic kit? Also how far back will this set me? I think that covers it.Thanks.Wayne

Wayne, I use only T-04 turbine housings. They are a Garrett based turbos whose power output can range from 590 HP EACH to 1575 HP EACH.

The size of the turbos and whether you have a 1996-1999 or 2000-2002 will dictate how much power you can run on a stock motor.

The 1996-1999's can run about 800-900 RWHP with a valve spring upgrade and a nice set of T&D roller rockers.

The 2000-2002's can probably conservatively run about 700 RWHP at lower boost(6-7 PSI intercooled) with the right turbine wheel and housing combined with at least a 61mm compressor wheel.

The great thing about these front mount twin turbo systems is that they are fully upgradeable.

The base intercooled TT system (that can make 650 RWHP on about 5PSI) having a stock fuel system supplemented by a voltage booster and a pair of 61mm compressor wheels and a Vec 2 will go for around 15K.

To get 650 RWHP on a twin screw blower, you will spend about 12K. Since my TT system if fully upgradeable, you will never lose money selling it to buy the next, newest, greatest thing, because there many, many combinations of upgrades between motor work, to intercooler upgrades, fuel system upgrades and, of course, turbocharger upgrades to be able to infinitely and INCREMENTALLY step it up as your budget will allow!

Once guys get a little feel for the huge power, they will come back for more and more if they are treated fairly and are given a great product at a great price with great customer service.