Calling All 'Real' Vipers -- Not The Fake Ones

gallaugher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calling All \'Real\' Vipers -- Not The Fake Ones

I'm interested. Are there any of us real Viper owners still around? I'm not talking about the fake wanna-be Vipers. I'm talking about the real American Dodge Vipers -- the ones still living only by legend -- the ones without air conditioning.

All this talk about DC and the future of the Viper. You didn't hear! The Viper was cancelled years ago. Some other clumsy vehichle replaced it under the same name. The secret to recognizing a genuine Viper is that it has no A/C. I heard the reason it was cancelled had something to due with it being too much of a masterpiece that only a few real men could tame.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Calling All \'Real\' Vipers -- Not The Fake Ones

You must really be bored.

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Well that was interesting...

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

WAR 44 POSTS DOESNT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO ACT LIKE A RETARD!

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a "real Viper" a no A/C early 93. I do love my car but I think the Viper is still very much alive in the GEN II and GEN III. In spite of the amenities the new Generation vipers are just as raw as the first. I would love to have either one in my garage (next to my GEN I of course). :2tu:

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm interested. Are there any of us real Viper owners still around? I'm not talking about the fake wanna-be Vipers. I'm talking about the real American Dodge Vipers -- the ones still living only by legend -- the ones without air conditioning.

All this talk about DC and the future of the Viper. You didn't hear! The Viper was cancelled years ago. Some other clumsy vehichle replaced it under the same name. The secret to recognizing a genuine Viper is that it has no A/C. I heard the reason it was cancelled had something to due with it being too much of a masterpiece that only a few real men could tame.
I prefer a/c. there all legends in my eyes. :nana:
10300P1010002-med.JPG

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bet when he talks he sounds just like Rocky Balboa. :rolleyes:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He must of got that post idea from the ford site .................

Any real Fords still around--no fake ones made after the Model T?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What a TERRIBLE thread.

Some of us have added enough horsepower to more than compensate for the weight of the air conditioning....

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have AC so i have a fake Viper, but does anyone know what he was "calling" you real guys for anyway? Its been a lot of complaining about misplaced posts lately, but do we even have a "I was bored/stoned/drunk forum, so i just hit keys on my keyboard and this is what i typed" forum?

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is a knob on the dash to turn it off, if you want to be hot, sweaty, exhausted, ******, etc. when you arrive at your destination in the mid-summer heat.
If that makes you feel 'real', go for it. I'd rather concentrate on enjoying the drive!

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Obviously been on the University cigarettes for too long

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score

All Viper models and years are absolutely incredible machines! Only because you're trying to save up money, I encourage you to check an early-model Gen-1 without A/C. They're so cheap. And plenty of them in amazing condition.

I wonder who wrote the above in a previous post.... Stop trying to be loved. There are hookers for that........ :rolleyes:

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have no A/C but I want one.
Does it make me a fake Viper ?

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have no A/C but I want one.
Does it make me a fake Viper ?
I have reported you to the VCA. Reliable will be picking up your Viper within the next 36 hours. Please do not resist as this action will only prolong the inveitable....... :D

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I prefer a/c. there all legends in my eyes. :nana:
10300P1010002-med.JPG

awesome car, now get some better floor tiles for the garage!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All these trolls just sit by their computer all day and wait for us to respond... makes them feel like they have friends. The worst you can do to them is just not respond (....like I am doing now). :rolleyes:

Do as I say and not as I do. :D

OP
OP
G

gallaugher

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When brothers are close they like to take jabs at each other. But there is nothing mean about it.

Really it is just camaraderie. Something you pick up in boot camp when cleaning ******** on Christmas eve. Because the situation is so miserable and because you are being stripped down of all that bloated teenage pride it was fun to crack jokes about each other. Man would we laugh are asses off.

Hey man no messin' around. Rocky's a hero.

I do wonder, however, if maybe the Dodge Viper has strayed far off its roots. It seems as if the only thing everyone cares about is horsepower, horsepower, horsepower. I believe the last thing the Viper needs is more horsepower. In my opinion the Viper has lost some of its character. It is kind of like Grandma. She is the most simple person I have ever known. But she has more character than my entire family combined.

I guess you air conditioning guys are worried that your hairsprayed comb-overs will get messed up with all that wind.

P.S. I love you guys.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe the last thing the Viper needs is more horsepower.

I disagree. With all of the new Z06 talk, it's now underpowered.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quote:
I do wonder, however, if maybe the Dodge Viper has strayed far off its roots. It seems as if the only thing everyone cares about is horsepower, horsepower, horsepower.

What attracted me to my first Viper besides the looks was the 400 HP. I do think more work need to be focused on traction, more hp without it is simply a waste...

As for real men and what they drive :laugh:
You must be registered for see images

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ask this question in the middle of summer. My "wanna-be" butt will be nice and cool ;-)

I do wonder, however, if maybe the Dodge Viper has strayed far off its roots. It seems as if the only thing everyone cares about is horsepower, horsepower, horsepower. I believe the last thing the Viper needs is more horsepower. In my opinion the Viper has lost some of its character.

So... you bought your Viper for grocery trips? Looks good... hauls ass... How much more character do you need?

P.S. I love you guys.

Right back at ya buddy :)

Santo

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Instead of arguing I did that with a picture of my car lol

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quote:
I do wonder, however, if maybe the Dodge Viper has strayed far off its roots. It seems as if the only thing everyone cares about is horsepower, horsepower, horsepower.

What attracted me to my first Viper besides the looks was the 400 HP. I do think more work need to be focused on traction, more hp without it is simply a waste...

As for real men and what they drive :laugh:
You must be registered for see images
Wonder what that would go for at BJ auction... if it were real.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acmeinfolabs