Can anyone on Long Island NY check out a car for me?

Dave149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for my first Viper, and have found one that I am interested in. It is located in Blue Point NY. Are there any VCA members in the area that would be willing to have a look at it for me? The owner says he has a lift that the car can be put up on for inspection.

Another quick question. Can somebody have a look at the airbag warning sticker on the sun visor of a Gen II and see if the warning is printed in French as well as English? In Canada we have to have French labels before we can register the car. :p

Thanks
Dave

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not recall seeing French on the airbag warning but I am not exactly sure.

As for looking at the car, there should be a few guys available to do that in our club. A few should live up that way.

PrimeTime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd recommend that you have the car checked out by a local Viper Tech. While I'm sure it will cost you a few bucks, it will most likely be money well spent whether you buy the car or not. The tech I use here on Long Island is Mike Figlosi. He owns his own business called Snake Pit Performance 631.845.8199. Good luck!

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was talking to one of the guys on the Lotus board about the French language airbag sticker. Yes definitely no US cars have them. If the inspection even notices the absence there is not much likelyhood the Canadian Tire tech doing the inspection can tell one French language sticker from another. If the dealer can't sell one individually get one from a junkyard neon. You don't have to leave it on after the inspection, or if you know another Viper owner, swap visors for the test.
BUT, if you look at the threads from some other guys who have imported their cars from the US, like Erik Jensen and Bratatat the sticker was not even requested, and Erik said they never requested he add the daytime running light module.

OP
OP
D

Dave149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nuck You're probably right. The guys at Canadian Tire likely have never seen a Viper before and will probably forget about what they are supposed to be looking for in the inspection.

Adam96 Thanks, I will send V10 Mafia a PM

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave,
That Viper is with in a couple of hours of me, not close enough for me to look at but if you get me the VIN# I can pull the history on it and maybe it's one I've worked on before? :cool:

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave I'm one town over from Bluepoint. PM me and I can get as much info for you as possible. However to get 100% assessment on the vehicle you have to get the Wizard's seal of approval to get the correct inspection.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I know the car that your interested in. That GTS is in Pristine Condition. As I know the owner was very very meticulous in keeping up with maintenance and apperance. The owner had the car since new. The GTS was always garaged. It still looks showroom.

OP
OP
D

Dave149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you very much to everyone. I can't believe how many people are willing to help out someone they don't even know. I will keep you posted about how things work out.

Thanks Again
Dave

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just imported a Viper into Canada, don't worry about the airbag french sticker, was never an issue, all you need is the daytime running light moduale and recall work completed

Once you have the car and the work has been completed contact a Canadian Tire garage and they will just grab the info off the car and make sure all recall work, and a letter from the dealership saying that you have the daytime running completed,and recall work completed with their company letter head etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235