***FREE VIPAIR DYNO DAY NORCAL**** DETAILS IN POST

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipair Performance is setting up a free Dyno Day for anyone who shows up with a 98-02 RT/10 or a 96-02 GTS. We will try to get as many cars done as possible, the caveat 2 to 3 runs without a Vipair™ and then 2 to 3 runs with a Vipair™.

You will be able to but do not have to purchase the Vipair™ that gets installed on your car for $10 per horsepower that you make, if you only get 4 hp you can buy it for $40.00 if you make 20 Horsepower you can buy it for $200.00 and don't forget you get 4-6 FREE Dyno runs.

Also Note All VCA MEMBERS will receive a $20.00 discount off their respective price, so if you only make 4 Horsepower you pay $40 - $20 VCA discount, so you pay $20.00. valid VCA membership card will need to be shown for discount.

We normally sell our Vipairs™ for 199.00 plus shipping, and this is the highest we wil charge even if you gain 50 Horsepower!

Come early as the dyno runs will be done on a first come first serve basis.

The Dyno day will be either Saturday February 25 or Saturday March 4, we are just finalizing the arrangements but most probably it will be on Saturday February 25, 2005.

The Dyno shop being used is:

RPM Engines & Machine
560 Martin Ave.
Rohnert Park, Ca.

to get there check out:

http://www.dynotuning.com/directions.htm
http://www.dynotuning.com/

Note: we will be doing the dyno runs as in the second photo below, not the incorrect method as in the first photo below

Not how we are doing it

3992fudged.jpg

How we are doing the dyno runs, 2 to 3 with and 2 to 3 without a vipair

3992how_it_should_have_been_done.jpg
:nana:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny pictures,

But they would be wrong.... I never had a high speed fan placed anywhere near the naca duct. It was always in front of the car as it should be.

Maybe you should try to sell it as a door stop, more people might buy it.

Too bad you dont come down to so cal I would love to take you to a dyno and show you how things are done.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RussM,

Thanks for the offer to school me on dyno testing, we shall see if anybody in Norcal can reproduce your results of ZERO. The dyno shop I am using up here is more than experienced and YOU are welcome to come up here and get ANOTHER FREE VIPAIR if you show NO GAIN!

AND PS You did say that you had a high speed 90 MPH fan going right into the NACA duct, you told me that on the phone and YOU posted it here!

3992RUSSPOST.jpg

Any other mis-representations you would lie, oops like to make???

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
Great offer on the Vipair system. Lately I've been contemplating a purchase & removing my K & N FIPK system in hopes of increasing HP. With the free dyno run it really makes the decision easy on what system to go with. Keep us
posted on which date the event will take place I'm very interested :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to put a bucket of ice in front of that fan to cool the air and get even more horsepower....

Thanks for the advise, but Ice is very hard to find in Norcal, too many wine drinkers, and not enough beer drinkers to keep the local Ice sellers in business, plus we want to simulate real world driving, the hoods will not even be open for these dyno runs and I can't for the life of me figure out how to suspend a bucket of Ice in front of the facia for every day driving. :nana:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINALLY, this is how the Vipair should have been originally tested. Independent owners (who may become customers), with appropriate installation, with before and after results on same day, and tons of people looking so no chance to fudge.

I'd put the beef with Russ on hold, and just let the numbers do the talking (even though the photos were funny).

Its put up or shut up time !! And Viper owners know their way around a dyno, so I dont see anyone being able to slip some fake numbers by anyone around the dyno.

Jon

hatda02GTS01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That dog.....has to be the funniest thing I've seen in awhile!

I just wish this was added to the original Vipair post to see if it could hit 100 pages!!

I too cannot wait for the results. If it puts out a consistent 10hp or greater on the tests, I'll buy one.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great idea! Cant wait to see the results. The bad thing is, could this be signaling the death of the Vipair thread if results are conclusive (1 way or the other) and noone can argue anymore???

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Steve, great idea...I know you know that you should have a hot engine bay on the dyno runs to simulate real world driving and to realize the additional cool air and resulting HP that the VIPAIR provides versus the hot underhood air that the stock air box induces without a VIPAIR installed. Please post the results. Have fun! :D

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RussM,

Thanks for the offer to school me on dyno testing, we shall see if anybody in Norcal can reproduce your results of ZERO. The dyno shop I am using up here is more than experienced and YOU are welcome to come up here and get ANOTHER FREE VIPAIR if you show NO GAIN!

AND PS You did say that you had a high speed 90 MPH fan going right into the NACA duct, you told me that on the phone and YOU posted it here!

He says FACIA and naca duct.....can you not read ???????????????????????????? How the hell else are you going to use the fan .... tape over the naca duct ?

So I have to ask you.....

disclaimer: I could care less either way about the Vipair, but don't insult everyone here by mis-quoting someone.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As someone already said I said FACIA/NACA duct, I did not stick a 50lb fan on the front end of the car and make it blow right into the duct.

Far as your offer goes, I would love to come down and do some more pulls but its going to cost me more in gas to get there than the product is worth. Not to mention I know what the results will be if the test is done honestly.

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure when or if it went off as planned or changed, but I do know that we broke all records ever kept for rain and number of days rained in the SF Bay Area for the month of March. I'll beet that it will be rescheduled when this fr _ _ _ in rain stops. It looks like 8 out of the next 10 days are scheduled for more showers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger