For the love of god, why can't I get a test drive??...*MICHIGAN OWNERS*

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: For the love of god, why can\'t I get a test drive??...*MICHIGAN OWNERS*

Fortunately I was able to drive one at a Porsche dealership. I went there to put a deposit on a turbo. Upon arrival, there was a red 03 Viper next to the Turbo i was looking at and for the hell of it, took it for a spin. The second I got back, the turbo was no longer a thought. In fact, I almost left with the Viper but I wasnt that interested in Red. I searched around and found an 04 Black Mamba with less mileage for the same price... I couldnt be happier!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Second time around I showed up with my Porsche Turbo and I couldn't say no to offers of test drive.

That's the society we live in folks!

Patrick

What your point? Do you expect a sale man to waste his tell talking to every kid the walks into the showroom to look at an $80k Viper? Would you if you were the sales man? People can’t use there common sense anymore without someone blaming it on our society.

Kids these days should all be suing there teachers for malpractice.

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I totally understand your point Fadi. To be honest with you, I had owned Vipers since 1992 and unfortunately I had never allow to drive any one of them before my purchase. Frankly speaking, I seriously do not understand what makes the Viper more different than a Ferrari or a Lambo or a Bentley when it comes to letting a potential buyer test drive it? As for me, before I buy any car, although I had made up my mind, but a test drive on the car that I wanted to buy is always nice. When I was at the Ferrari, Lambo or Bentley dealership, they all offered me a test drive before my purchase. Good luck with your purchase!

N

Nobody

Second time around I showed up with my Porsche Turbo and I couldn't say no to offers of test drive.

That's the society we live in folks!

Patrick

What your point? Do you expect a sale man to waste his tell talking to every kid the walks into the showroom to look at an $80k Viper? Would you if you were the sales man? People can’t use there common sense anymore without someone blaming it on our society.

Kids these days should all be suing there teachers for malpractice.

What he said^.. :2tu:

show you are serious let them do a credit check or give them a 80k security deposit in cash ,
If you are so worried about the credit inquiry lowering your score enough to have any effect ,maybe a car this expensive is not for you....

Beside's do you think anyone would want to buy a NEW VIPER after a salesman allowed any 25yr old kid that walked into drive or thrash it just by asking ..

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think if you pull up in a new Corvette or a Gen 2 Viper and let them do a credit check, it is clear that you are serious. The opposite is also true, a lot of 30 or 40 somethings will just try to go for a joyride. Nowadays, dealers need to be smarter than to judge based on age.

I find it funny how Corvette and Viper dealers make such a big deal out of getting a test drive, but dealers with $100k+ Benzes and Porsches have never seemed to have a problem with me test driving one (24 years old).

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think if you pull up in a new Corvette or a Gen 2 Viper and let them do a credit check, it is clear that you are serious. The opposite is also true, a lot of 30 or 40 somethings will just try to go for a joyride. Nowadays, dealers need to be smarter than to judge based on age.

I find it funny how Corvette and Viper dealers make such a big deal out of getting a test drive, but dealers with $100k+ Benzes and Porsches have never seemed to have a problem with me test driving one (24 years old).

LOLOLOL what a stupid reply :rolleyes:

I'll tell you WHY.....Because its people like you that TOTAL some dealers cars

DID you buy the 100K benz???

Take a look in the mirror.... :buttkick:

Vipper Rich

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fort Lauderdale, FL (Winter) Saugatuck, MI (Summer

You never said what part of Michigan? I am in Saugatuck. I will be back in June - probably to late for you to "test" drive. I purchased my RT 10 sight unseen online and had it delivered to my house in Michigan. When I purchased my SRT 10 here in Florida they would not let me test drive it either (even pulling up in a RT10)
Rich

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOLOLOL what a stupid reply :rolleyes:

I'll tell you WHY.....Because its people like you that TOTAL some dealers cars

DID you buy the 100K benz???

Take a look in the mirror.... :buttkick:

"LOLOLOL" yourself. This is pretty funny coming from the wuss who gets outraged when he hears about anybody driving their viper over the speed limit or accelerating hard. Everybody here knows that you are the defintion of a poser. It is obvious that you are just bitter to some of us young guys, who were able to afford a viper at our age, and actually enjoy driving it. Now go trade in your viper on a Sienna.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Never got a test drive either, I had a sign on mine that said "some assembly required"!

Viper, these azzes around here will not even allow a test drive of 300C SRT8. I told them good luck, I will NEVER be back.

Sorry, these dealers need to lighten up. I knew the viper was for me, but what kind of business practice is that.?

I'm mid 30s now, but they gave me crap when I was in my 20s looking at new cars.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andy...

"Please" don't embarrass
yourself any more with your posts that contradict themselves... I didn't mean to touch a soft spot with you.

But it was YOU bragging...AND telling all of us how old you are..like we all really care.

Sorry, pal...I stick to my orig. comment..your post WAS and is STUPID. Look in the mirror.

So tell us...Did you buy the 100k benz or did you just test drive it to show off...... or make yourself feel good? Poser?

Sell your rt/10 as you are trying to and retire "Early" from this forum ...you really Earned it!!!!

And Please ...reside from the immature name calling...THAT REALLY shows everyone here how pampered you are.

FADI...sorry for the rant and taking away from your original post question...DONE

Andy..... so so sorry if I hurt your feelings

I'm Your Huckleberry :buttkick:

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Fadi,

I never got to test drive my viper... I had no real

interest in vipers until I saw the Gen III at the Chicago

auto show. I bought my car based on the sole advice and

recommendations of Steve Lowden aka. sclssrt10... never

looked back, never been disappointed and never have I had

as much fun in a car and club.

Steve,

thanks so much. yur my idol...

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andy...

"Please" don't embarrass
yourself any more with your posts that contradict themselves... I didn't mean to touch a soft spot with you.

But it was YOU bragging...AND telling all of us how old you are..like we all really care.

Sorry, pal...I stick to my orig. comment..your post WAS and is STUPID. Look in the mirror.

So tell us...Did you buy the 100k benz or did you just test drive it to show off...... or make yourself feel good? Poser?

Sell your rt/10 as you are trying to and retire "Early" from this forum ...you really Earned it!!!!

And Please ...reside from the immature name calling...THAT REALLY shows everyone here how pampered you are.

FADI...sorry for the rant and taking away from your original post question...DONE

Andy..... so so sorry if I hurt your feelings

I'm Your Huckleberry :buttkick:
I'm your Huckelberry, Now that's funny, :D (Andy says) Well this fight not with you 2BADD 4u, (2BADD 4U says) well I beg to differ Andy we started a game we never got to finish. :D :2tu:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viper the dealers would not even let you sit in their show room model.

[******] im in high school and ive sat IN EVERY VIPER THAT WAS AT MY LOCAL DEALERSHIP IN THE SHOWROOM!!! :eek: :) :)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bet you did not back in 1992/3! They were a bit more rare then.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I would never have bought my Viper unless a dealer let me drive one first.

I went in to a dealer in NH when on vacation. I was having brake problems on my '69 Corvette for the 20th time and told the saleman that I'd like like to see what one would drive like. I told him that I would not be buying at the time but couldn't consider one unless I drove one first. I was amazed at how sweet it was. The car I drove was a brand new one with 24 miles, I had an 11 mile test ride.

Always tell the dealer the whole truth. I have never had a problem getting a test ride telling them I wanted to drive but would NOT be buying that day.

RainMaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is going to sound long winded, but this story is going to touch a few points everybody has commented on.

I purchased my Blue SRT 10 from Woodhouse and I live in California. When I purchased it, it was a big deal for me to make sure NOBODY else drove it or rather ABUSED it. There were several factors in my decision, but the first time I test drove the Viper was a few months ago.

There was a Copperhead at a local dealership with 1500 miles at a great price. I guess the sales guy took me seriousl because I pulled up in my Z06. If I was driving my wife's Acura CL, I think they might have thought twice about pulling the car out of the showroom for me to test drive it. So the salesman takes it out for a drive, and I mean he drove it like it was his racecar. Whiplash, roar, and all. He even encouraged me to push it. Hell, I drove it like I was driving Miss Daisy.

I loved the color and the dealership guys were all cool. However, I would NEVER EVER buy that car because of this experience. Most of you know what I am talking about. When you are at this price range and want this type of car, why would you want to purchase something that somebody else didn't respect or take care of.

C'mon, would you want to buy a 85K+ Viper at a dealer's lot that has 200 miles on it?

However, I do see your point in that since you are spending so much money they should at least let you drive it around the block. It's a toss up. I know Chevy Dealers aren't going to hassle you much if you want to test drive the new Corvette's, Z06 maybe.

Your best bet is to go out and pay the $$$$ and rent one for a day or so.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Never Test Drove any of mine. I did find out who in my area owned a viper. I let them take me out for a test "ride".

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm young too, but I've always managed to test drive any car that I've been interested in. I guess it's all about how you talk to them. If you walk in an confidently state that you are looking to buy, and that you'd like to test drive the car, you've got a better chance. If you ask, you're less likely to get to drive one. I beat the hell out of three or four new Lamborghinis before I bought my new Gallardo yesterday. They knew I was serious, so they let me drive. If they hadn't, I would have gone elsewhere. The test drive is just part of it.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I do a lot of business with Dodge dealerships in the Chicago land area. They send me customers just like you who want to have a day/weekend in the Viper because they dont want miles on any of them. I have the all new 2006 1st ed Coupe. IF you're willing to drive to Chciago, I'm sure we can work something out. Steve.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fortunately I was able to drive one at a Porsche dealership. I went there to put a deposit on a turbo. Upon arrival, there was a red 03 Viper next to the Turbo i was looking at and for the hell of it, took it for a spin. The second I got back, the turbo was no longer a thought. In fact, I almost left with the Viper but I wasnt that interested in Red. I searched around and found an 04 Black Mamba with less mileage for the same price... I couldnt be happier!

Yeah I find that they are more willing at non Dodge dealers especially if they specialize in high end cars. At Dodge it is their most expensive product and they usually know how powerful they are. At a dealership like, Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, Mercedes, they just want to get rid of the car since it was most likely a trade.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I really don't see where you can get so much more out of test driving a new car for a couple miles that you can get out of just sitting in it. But that's just me.

Now if you were able to put 40 or 50 miles on it...

I bought a 2006 truck two weeks ago. It had 8 miles on it. The salesman said, "Wanna take it for a test drive?" and I replied, "What for? It's new isn't it? If it's a lemon I'll bring it back and get a different one."

I don't have time to waste test driving a new vehicle.

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The most annoying thing is when a younger person tries to buy a nice vehicle and the dealer doesn't take them seriously. I have been trying to test a drive an SRT-10 and the dealers are always giving me crap about it. I am 25 and looking to get into either a C6 Z06

I know what you mean! I'm 22 years old. ppl say I look around 17-18 years old. anyways.. chevy, dodge, bmw salesmen always seem to ignore me at the stealerships.. They have no idea the cars I own!! :D oh well.

I just bought a new z06. great car.. but I'm sure you'll be happy with your viper srt.
see pics at

www.supercarz.homestead.com/z06.html

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viper the dealers would not even let you sit in their show room model.

Yeah, I almost got kicked out of the Viper my dad had already paid for. Most of the salesmen at this dealership know me, but a couple of the ones that didn't know me at the time litterally came running over when I sat my (at that time) 17 year old butt (I'm just 2 months short of 21 now) in the seat of the sold Viper that was still sitting on the showroom floor.

They were fine with it after I told them who I was. lol..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh