New England VCA Kart Racing Event February 26th- F1 Boston

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kart Racing at F1 Boston

On Sunday February 26th the NEVCA will be meeting at F1 Boston for a day of Kart Racing. F1 Boston has a complete indoor Race Track. It's a fun day together and a nice break from the long winters here in New England. Last year we had 16 members attend and we had a blast. This year feel free to invite family and friends, we have reserved the track specifically for Viper Club members and their guests.

F1 Boston is located at 290 Wood Road in Braintree, MA, just south of Boston and just off exit #6 on route 128, near South Shore Mall.

What is F1 Kart Racing?
F1 Boston is an indoor kart racing facility that is designed specifically to provide adult, licensed drivers with a genuine racing experience–complete with the challenge and adrenaline! You'll race against other drivers in expertly engineered karts on professionally designed tracks perfectly scaled for the size of the vehicles. As Steve Parks, rising NASCAR star, said after testing the tracks, "Don't think karts. This is real racing." At barely an inch off the ground, don't be surprised when you feel like you're moving at the speed of sound!

You should wear comfortable clothing when you come to race (casual pants are recommended). We provide racing suits, helmets and neck braces. Open-toe shoes are not permitted while racing.

The cost for this event is $75.00/person. F1 Boston requires that we pre-pay for our track time, please contact me if your interested in participating. I need a head count by February 15th.

E-mail [email protected] / Phone Jeff Torrey 603-234-8898

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya know, it's like you guys in the North East have your own club and run all these events for yourselves. How are we all spozed to get to Boston? LOL

Seriously though....this would be a fun trip! LONG....but fun!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im interested if in in NJ. i might be away that week. will know more later this week,

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new Roundel magazine (BMW club) does a whole article on R.J.Valentine (the Owner of the place)and they say it may be the best carting facility in the world.There is a indoor and outdoor track that looks increadable.By the way R.J. races a M-3 in the Rolex Grand Am Series and he has in his collection of cars a 96gts and 03Comp Coupe. If anyone from NY/CT wants to go up I would highly consider the road trip.Let me know

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool Chuck,Its Mad Man Charlie's birthday the day before we are thinking about driving night before or early morning the day of.What do you guys think? P.S Wizard Sir thanks for the point by yesterday on 287 ;)

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool Chuck,Its Mad Man Charlie's birthday the day before we are thinking about driving night before or early morning the day of.What do you guys think? P.S Wizard Sir thanks for the point by yesterday on 287 ;)

Lets make sure that Charlie is GOOD and hung over for this event!! :D Then it will hurt when we do a bump and run on him! :bonker:

"Point by"?? You blocked me in! I was thinking about giving you a couple of black swirls on that slow bmw! :nana:

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The time frame for the day is to get to the Track at or before 1pm. There is an orientation meeting and a brief safety class ...this is mandatory . Then the locker room to suit up for a 2pm start.

Arrival time is very important. I need a list of drivers 7 days prior to race day... F1 Policy. I have to pre-pay, which means if your in and don't show I'm out $75.00 (you owe me $75.00).

All racers must be 18 years of age and posses a valid drivers license, bring it with you. No open toed shoes.

Thanks

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in for the road trip....I have seen this place and it is world class....I can take my Yukon if you guys want to go up together.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id take th ride in the yukon but im not sure im gonna be around NJ that week yet. i will know more as it gets closer.

jeff if i say im gonna go, i'll send ya the cash in advance.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in 90%. I'll drive up in the GTS unless there's snow in the forecast. My passenger seat is vacant if anyone wants to hook up.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's definitely in from our gang so we can let Jeff know.

Steve ACR SLS
Charlie (Mafia)OoC
Chuck Tator
Avi Big Tools
Adrian *** Mad Dog
Scotty City (Your going like it or not)
The Plums (Confirmation Pending)
Keith 355 Leader of the Pack

We have to give Jeff Torey a definite confirmation by Feb. 15th.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to chuck today.We were thinking about a central meeting spot in the Am that would work.Maybe his shop? any ideas? I would be willing to take my Dennali XL so I have room for 6.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
trust me, SLS needs NO warming up. matter of fact, im trying to get rules to slow him down for this event. him at half speed might be enough for us to compete.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be willing to take my Dennali XL so I have room for 6.
What? No Viper! You do need to warm up for the event!

Warm up for Steve? What are you kidding. We do not need Steve warming up. I'm going to see if I can drive the Denai so I can warm up on the way there. We need Steve to go on that track ICE COLD that morning. I am going to try my best to get him stone drunk the night before so his eyes look like two piss holes in the snow by morning. Thats the only way we can get some kind of level the playing field and not get totally annihilated on the track.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"two piss holes in the snow" LOL thats a new one .......but in all seriousness I will be coached the week before by non other then our Spirit himself Mr. Les .He will be teaching me some of his famous track secrets.I will be ready Avi :) ........Plum I need you there some of the little people we will be racing,are 50lbs lighter then us ,we need to crafty to take them on the track.Tag team might be the word of the day :) ))

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quoteI will be ready Avi :) ........Plum I need you there some of the little people we will be racing,are 50lbs lighter then us ,we need to crafty to take them on the track.Tag team might be the word of the day :) ))

[/QUOTE]
That's right, you better team up. Power-to-weight ratio, baby! :2tu:

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be willing to take my Dennali XL so I have room for 6.
What? No Viper! You do need to warm up for the event!

Warm up for Steve? What are you kidding. We do not need Steve warming up. I'm going to see if I can drive the Denai so I can warm up on the way there. We need Steve to go on that track ICE COLD that morning. I am going to try my best to get him stone drunk the night before so his eyes look like two piss holes in the snow by morning. Thats the only way we can get some kind of level the playing field and not get totally annihilated on the track.

Don't anybody worry. I have the situation under control. I'll get Steve so wrecked he won't be able to walk a straight line. Actually any line for that matter. I envision his 80% Alcohol and 20% Blood level to look like this by 2 A.M.
7328steve_copy5.jpg

Just trying to have a fair race.