Alpine satellite radio install

Jcoopacr2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen this subject tossed around here but a search didnt come up with much. I want to replace stock radio with an Alpine satillete in dash. Crutchfield suggested unit # CDA 9820, which would require hard wiring to my amp and speakers. They recomended Installer Net for the complete installation. any one used this unit or installer?? Recomendations?? tips?? Any information appreciated. Viper is 2000 GTS

Reaction score
Not sure about the unit itself....but we have Installer Net just about ready to go active where I work (Asst, Buyer for Electronics at the Navy Exchange Command). Reviews for Installer Net have been good....the theory is that you pre=pay your install with a card. Then, you can log on to the website and select a local shop. Would I use it for my Dakota, or wife's car? Yep. Doubtful for the Viper. I don't want someone recommending an installer based on # of install....I want one based on # of install is a VIPER. :) Chances are, though, you would have success through Installer Net finding a local shop who knows what they are doing in the dash of a Viper.

TooEvil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed a CDA9845 into mine and I had to wire in my own adapter which was easy since one of the previous owners already hacked the wiring. So now I have a car-side adapter for a 2001 Ford Mustang (previous car) with a desk-side matchiong adapter.

Even if you have a shop do it, make sure they crank the gain on the amp way down. The new Alpines put out more line level voltage than the amp is used to. If I turn my deck past 4, I go deaf. I can probably tune the deck, I just haven't played with it.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you install the antenna for the satellite radio?

In a GTS it can be above the headliner. Since the roof is fiberglass it won't interfer with the signal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets