Roe Clutch Pedal Mod Kit

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Roe Clutch Pedal Mod kit? Any opinions? Also, did you do the gas pedal mod as well?

TIA

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yes. Easy install. Lowers the clutch pedal to about the same height as the brake pedal.

If you are tall and adjust the pedals as low as they will go, I believe it limits the leverage of the clutch hydraulic system and may cause you to shift a bit slower and more deliberately to fully disengage the clutch. If you are normal size and run with the pedals adjusted up a couple of turns or more, you will like it.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does it do for those of us that are midgets? (ie., 5' 7")

I can adjust the seat up plenty far enough to be able to easily and fully depress the clutch pedal, but my knee hits the light switch (no dead pedal so I stand my leg up). If I move the seat back a bit my knee no longer hits the switch but it makes it a pain to fully depress the clutch. Would this mod help? I have also adjusted the pedals to come as close as possible, so that is not an option.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a 2002 GTS or any Viper with adjustable pedals why would you do that? There are previous posts how to adjust the pedals separately easily without any cost.

OP
OP
V

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I understand this mod correctly it puts the clutch pedal in the same plane as the brake pedal. It is still not clear to me what the gas pedal adjustment does.

Went ahead and ordered the kit along with some other stuff. I guess the gas pedal mystery adjustment will be solved soon.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the stock linkage, the clutch pedal ends up way too high as you adjust the pedals up from the floor.

The mod is definitely worth it. The pedal ends up more even with the brake pedal and the clutch resistance is actually less as well.

Think of it as a short shifter for your feet.

Instructions on adjusting the gas pedal come with the kit. I never bothered to use them, although the gas pedal sits a little high in relation to other pedals. I have concerns about the throttle bodies may not fully open with a modified gas pedal.

DrDJ

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can biuld my motor but for some reason I just had problems doing this and have not done it yet. Maybe I should try it again.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J Dawg:

I am with you, I just don't fit under the dash. Anyone have a tip to simplify this SIMPLE mod.

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just did a lot of work on my pedals. The biggest pain is getting down there. I removed my seat and just layed on the floor. I am 6'2" and it was a pain to do everything down there. The hardest part for me was getting the little clips off that hold the pedal linkage on the pins. I ended up installing a different master cylinder for the clutch with adjustable linkage so that the pedal was even with the brake.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys with adjustable pedals kill me. You can adjust the pedals individually and put them on the came plane for free. A previous post had pictures.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You do have to stand on you head to do this so you may want to remove the seat. The reason we don't just adjust the pedal is because the Roe linkage makes the disengagement ratio closer for faster shifts once you get used to it you will like it, you don’t have to push the pedal down as far to shift. Nice combo with the shorter shifter kits.

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The clips will pop out with a screwdriver. The trick is to see which direction to push them. Get a small mirror and a flashlight to see which way they want to come out. As mentioned above this is a neat mod, and shortens the distance the clutch pedal has to travel when shifting.

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great mod, just getting the clips off the pins was a PIA since you really can't see them. It lines the clutch pedal up with the brake pedal at it's lowest settings. I did not install the gas pedal kit. Actually, I did not know it existed.

I took my seats out to get to the pedals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper