In case you don't realize how good you've got it....

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case you don\'t realize how good you\'ve got it....

I keep looking around for a fun car to buy--after all, it's been 4 months since I bought my last Viper. Nothing comes close to the Viper in terms of power, exclusivity and price. Here is what i have come close to getting:

1. 06 Z06--OK , the other day I could have gotten one (i have had 4 chances) at $5K over invoice. But, then I thought as soon as I drive it out I will lose $20K in value over the next few months and like my C6 no one will even pay attention to it. Just another vette with some scoops.

2. Caymen S -- kinda neat looking as Porches go but not enough car.

3. Any Ferrari--go on ebay -- to get anywhere near Viper performance in used try $150,000 to $200,000. And no one to work on it.

4. Caddy XLR-- I actually like this car (showing my age) but not enough to buy unless i get it for my wife

5. Elise-too catoonish and kit car interior.

6. GT-- the prices are settling down, but at even $160K it needs something other than a blue oval to get my attention.

Bottom Line--I search for an hour or so and still come back to Vipers--but I don't need a 3rd Viper!! Simple fact is there is nothing like it.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: In case you don\'t realize how good you\'ve got it....

I just bought a 6 cyl Camaro for a winter and daily driver. Nice car but the same day I got it home I saw a few drops on the Viper in the gagage and wiped it off completely forgetting the Camaro. Man, winter is to long.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I keep looking around for a fun car to buy--after all, it's been 4 months since I bought my last Viper. Nothing comes close to the Viper in terms of power, exclusivity and price. Here is what i have come close to getting:

1. 06 Z06--OK , the other day I could have gotten one (i have had 4 chances) at $5K over invoice. But, then I thought as soon as I drive it out I will lose $20K in value over the next few months and like my C6 no one will even pay attention to it. Just another vette with some scoops.

2. Caymen S -- kinda neat looking as Porches go but not enough car.

3. Any Ferrari--go on ebay -- to get anywhere near Viper performance in used try $150,000 to $200,000. And no one to work on it.

4. Caddy XLR-- I actually like this car (showing my age) but not enough to buy unless i get it for my wife

5. Elise-too catoonish and kit car interior.

6. GT-- the prices are settling down, but at even $160K it needs something other than a blue oval to get my attention.

Bottom Line--I search for an hour or so and still come back to Vipers--but I don't need a 3rd Viper!! Simple fact is there is nothing like it.

Noble M400. :headbang: :headbang:
That's the only other real sports car I would buy. Drive one and you'll never be the same. It's the real deal.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why don't you need a third Viper? I do.

A Noble would be good. A Radical would be...well, radical.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why don't you need a third Viper? I do.

A Noble would be good. A Radical would be...well, radical.
Chuck,you always need another Viper! :D

crayne hurst

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi,Ive had 4 vipers,still got 2,Picking up GT next week ,
Two diffent cars,But i cant wait to get some wheel time.
Lots of snow out here on tip of cape cod.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You'll love the GT awaome car! Get the special paint theme!

Alpha13

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is clearly a rational, unbiased opinion

Alpha13

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is clearly a rational, unbiased opinion

This is clearly a rational, unbiased sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Seeing as how I'm not the brand loyal type you are correct!

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score

viperdrummer-----

If considering the the XLR......

Go for the XLR-V

I'm 30 and i think that is a bad-ass looking car, so that shoots the age theory.. :)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

viperdrummer-----

If considering the the XLR......

Go for the XLR-V

I'm 30 and i think that is a bad-ass looking car, so that shoots the age theory.. :)

Same here (33)... I almost got the xlr before getting the Viper. The xlr-v is even more bad@$$.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ya need a SRT-10 Coupe...how'd you miss that? Make it your track car!

:)

-J

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alpha; Another helpful new poster (poser), oops, sarcasm. Cosidering I have owned many Vettes and other sports cars and freely admit the positives/negatives, I'm not sure what your point is. Maybe after a few posts you can join the grown-ups.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

othing comes close to the Viper in terms of power, exclusivity and price.
I'm in the market right now to replace my GTS, and I don't want to just have a knee **** response to run out and buy another Viper, as if they are the only sports car out there. But I'm big into value and individualism. I don't want to find myself bored with a $60K-$70K purchase and see a bunch of other people in the same exact car everyday. I paid the same for my GTS as a guy driving a corvette, but I've never seen another Viper like mine since I bought it. I like that.
I looked into an SL500, but they are everywhere here, being so close to palm beach, and I know I would just hate coming out of a restaurant, and go to get into my new $70K MB and be like like “OK, which one is mine?”

I think a Ferrari would be cool, although it a little out of my league. But if you drive it, they depreciate like crazy, and if you don’t the run like [******]. So I guess you just wash them a talk about driving it?

TVR, would be cool but who’s going to work on it?

Noble, feels like a kit car to me.

So I always come back home to Vipers. As far as I’m concerned there is nothing else out there to compare. If I don’t buy a viper, I would have to go the other direction and buy a SRT/300.

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andrew: I was in your spot in August and on the waiting list for the Z06 when Pemberton showed me the limited ED SRT and i jumped on it. Having Gen 1 and2s I thought no one would pay attention to it. In fact,everyone who has seen it likes it better than my other Vipers. Look for something limited like mine (some on ebay and Bill may have one) or a Copperhead version.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll get a coupe once the depreciation brings the costs down a little. Right now I think an SRT/10 should be fun and hold me till I have to have the coupe.
My wife announced to me last night that see doesn’t want an SRT/10. I haven't asked her what she wants, but like me, she looks for value and individualism for her dollar, so I’m curious what she’ll come back with. She loves the coupe, but $80+k in a little rich for her as well.
She fell in love with the SRT convertible crossfire, but me being 6’2’’ 215lbs it would definitely be HER car.

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think I might have found my next addition. I'm in the process of ordering an Exige (Elise coupe). I guess its one Viper at a time for me.

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Anybody considering a GM product, other than the vette is going to be disappointed---especially the first time they go get GM service. FOr the money of the gt I would consider the porsche turbo---though the looks of the GT is great. The gt has had too many problems and they can't fix them. :hitfan:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ford GT is cool looking and good performance but $150K? Not sure it's THAT cool.
Half the price for a 515 HP convertible Viper. And you get a Viper tech, not a grease monkey to wrench on it.
Porsche have always felt to small for me and my Mom drives one.

Alpha13

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alpha; Another helpful new poster (poser), oops, sarcasm. Cosidering I have owned many Vettes and other sports cars and freely admit the positives/negatives, I'm not sure what your point is. Maybe after a few posts you can join the grown-ups.

All those posts and sports cars and somehow you didn't give any mention of the Z06's performance. But you did note that people won't pay attention to it like a viper. It's just a vette with scoops right? Ironic that you would call me a poser after that :cool:

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alpha--it sounds like you may know what "sarcasm" means, now go look up "ironic". And, also buy a Viper so you can join the fun instead of just looking from afar.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Get a Ford GT. You can get close to 650 rwhp with a pulley and minor mods. With the mid-engine, 7% tranny loss - it is hard to beat.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

viperdrummer (Terry) - you've hit the nail on the head with this post. For any amount of reasonable money, it has to be a Viper!

Before spending 160 large on a Ford GT, I would go with the Bentley Continental GT.

Alpha13

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alpha--it sounds like you may know what "sarcasm" means, now go look up "ironic". And, also buy a Viper so you can join the fun instead of just looking from afar.

I'll give you a defintion of irony -

Calling someone else a poser when you won't buy a car because poeple "won't pay attention to it"

I guess to understand that definition you need to know what a poser is.

Poser - Someone who buys a sports car (or 2!) based on if it will impress others. :eek:

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alpha: Congratulations. You now have a total of 4 posts on the site , all of which have contributed absolutely nothing of substance. Go buy a car and maybe "poeple" will pay attention to you .

Alpha13

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Make that 5. But seriously I think even you could take something away from my posts. You spoke your mind about how you felt about the viper's competition and I gave you a rebuttal. Instead of being humble and paying respect to the vette (or any of those fine cars) you chose to stay arrogant. Even now you're telling me to buy a car to get attention. Jesus man, it's like what I said went over your head. Call me crazy but maybe post count has nothing to do with the quality of one's posts. :eek:

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Get a Ford GT. You can get close to 650 rwhp with a pulley and minor mods. With the mid-engine, 7% tranny loss - it is hard to beat.

A Ford GT is almost double the cost of a new Viper. Stock for Stock there is not much difference in performance. :2tu:

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would go for a Ford GT. Besides the awesome performance, I think they have real potential for collector car status now that Ford has announced they will quit making them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456