Water / **** injection question for S/C

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the opinion of those who have installed this upgrade?
What are your before and after rwhp/rwtq gains?

Thinking of sending my viper in for this installation.

Thanks

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For a DIY I'm very happy with mine.

4729Dyno-med.jpg

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The results are impressive. The one word of caution that I have for the water/**** set-ups are that I've seen the fittings for the water/**** pop-out on installations that involve the rubber/silicone smooth tubes.

Imagine driving down the highway, hitting the gas, the water-**** light coming on, but the car going lean and you not knowing it. If a water line pops out, this will be the case. Take a look at the result here:

912-med.jpg

This is not the only incident of this i've seen. Just be careful, check the line routings, and make sure that the fittings are in good.

JD

Bob D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cut 3" stainless tube about 2" long and drilled/ tapped for the nozzle to screw into and inserted them into the smooth tubes. This is a very solid installation.

I picked up 60 hp with a 10 lb pulley.

OP
OP
K

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad, Great gains!

Do you also have 1.7 rocker arms?

Would the 1.7RR arms increase gains even further or is it just marginal gains with them added?

Thanks

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cut 3" stainless tube about 2" long and drilled/ tapped for the nozzle to screw into and inserted them into the smooth tubes. This is a very solid installation.

Agreed. I picked up 78 RWHP with the **** and 10 pounder...Its not that hard to install it yourself...I did it and I'm clueless...AL... :rolleyes:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad, Great gains!

Would the 1.7RR arms increase gains even further or is it just marginal gains with them added?

Thanks

The 1.7 roller rockers normally pick up between 10-20 RWHP, depending on the car. New Mopar(T&D) rockers still in the box for $850, PM me.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this question here as I'm sure it will be good info for anyone adding a H2O/**** kit. Are the silicone smooth tubes OK to mount the nozzles or is everyone using a solid smooth tube like the chrome ones advertised on Partsrack? Searching the archives has raised some questions about spray problems when the nozzles are inserted into the silicone hoses. This goes for NOS as well.

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brad, Great gains!

Thanks
King RT10
No R/R total stock motor. I just bought some Mopar T&D's from 99 R/T 10 :2tu: and haven't had the time to get them installed.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jdoc7 - you can install the nozzles in silicone tubes, but make sure they are well mounted... i've seen too many fall out. and that is bad. glue = good. :)

JD

Reaction score

I did basically the same thing....I was bored!! :)

2IMGP0166-med.JPG

2IMGP0167-med.JPG