GTS and Lambo Drive-bys

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So some jackazz in my neghborhood just got a black Gallardo and he revs the engine everywhere he goes. So today my wife calls me and tells me that on her way to work some ****** in a black Gallardo was riding her tail in traffic and revving the engine constantly.

Then we are at the store and had driven the Vipe and what I thought was the same tool drives right by me revving the engine, and then he drives away revving the engine at every stop. I thought it was dummy from the hood but it was a different black Gallardo.

Our last stop was our mailbox and ****** slows down to drive by us and revs the engine and then tears off through the hood.

Here is the question: Do you need to rev the engine to keep these things from stalling or the engine from falling out....or do you just have to be a azzclown to own one.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I notice Ferrari drivers always doing the same thing, like it's gonna stall. [******] Or they drive in a low gear all the time.
People know what the Viper is capable of. No over revs needed:)

ViperLB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He's probably compensating for such a slow, overpriced car. Spending $175,000 on a "exotic" that only does 12.4 in the quarter mile is just wrong.

The SRT-10 and new Z06 will blow the doors off it.

smfettig

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have one of those jackasses in my town too. The only difference is one here drives a dark blue one. I actually waved to him one day while in my red Gen I and he arrogantly pushed his nose up at me and looked away. Next time I saw him he was at a gas station posing next to it and then reveved it up numerous times before he sped out of the gas station jerking his car like it was a 1976 beattle. Its a nice looking car but too bad the drivers are such morons.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
funny thing about this post, I was at a stop sign waiting to tun left, and I here vroooom, vrooom, well I look over to my left and there was a bright yellow ferrari getting ready to turn right on the opposite street, He kept reving his engine while people were crossing the street.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously the person that drives that car either was handed it by their father or has the largest insecurity problem know to man....Totally worthless....I have less respect for that guy than the RETARD in the 91 Honda Civic with the 8" exhaust tip.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never driven one but a pal has one (he doesn't rev at stoplights and actually is a decent fellow) and he says its very drivable....engine will not drop out w/o revs. These posers are just dumbazz's.

OP
OP
H

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like a jelousy problem to me. Stop being a *****.

Sounds like you watch alot of MTV. No jealousy, I am an American Car guy. I just don't appreciate people driving like idiots around me or my wife. You'll understand when you grow up. :rolleyes:

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gallardos sound bad ass with a tubi exhaust. Sounds like a f1 car. I think id rev mine up too. You wouldnt do it with a viper because it sounds like a stroked out civic. You see its a hidden message the ferrari and lambo owners are trying to tell you people something, my car sounds a lot better then yours. And you seriously cant argue with that.

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's probably compensating for such a slow, overpriced car. Spending $175,000 on a "exotic" that only does 12.4 in the quarter mile is just wrong.

The SRT-10 and new Z06 will blow the doors off it.

On the freeway from 60mph i get maybe a nose until 120, then the Gallardo blows by me. They are suprisingly quick and there are no reliability issues ever since Audi took them over. The servies are all less than $1k too. Alot more reliable than a Ferrari.

Now you can get one for the low $140's. A great deal for a great car. I love my Viper but you can't compare our rides to a Gallardo, 2 steps up with the 996 turbo in between.

OP
OP
H

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys thanks for the input. I was more trying to tell a little sarcastic story of these Lambo guys I run into. They are great cars and I have always liked them. I just would not ride peoples Azzes and drive it like "hey look at me, do you hear my Lamborghini, do ya, well do ya" . Sometimes less is more.........Especially in a neighborhood.

Among- Got it. No offense on my part either. ;)

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just traded my 996 turbo in on one. When you get the Egear (F1 tranny), which is what I have, it automatically rev matches, so when you downshift the computer blips the throttle for you. If you go down several gears at once, it revs it every time it shifts down another gear. The faster you're going in the gear before, the higher it revs the engine. The first time I drove one at the dealership, I hit the down paddle several times in a row, and the car was blipping all the way to 8k rpms. Didn't know what the hell was going on!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4