Fog Light Replacement Shown Here

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just replaced my stock fog lights with 7000K bulbs ... I have a side-by-side pic (after changing one bulb) but I don't know how to post pics ... I like the change .. it's with a 9145 Nokya H10 bulb (part# Nok 7226) ... about $30 online

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here it is...

8421Viper_Light-med.jpg

BTW...

Where did you find the bulb? I have been wanting to do the same, looks way better.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperman, how do they compare at night with the HIDs on top? Do they look similar, or do they still look yellowish compared to the Hids?
Thanks!
JC

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, if you're talking about mine ... I have all my pics posted in the gallery ...

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK - for the poser that I am - can you tell me which blue bulb you used? I'm not convinced I need the full HID upgrade, and feel the blue bulbs look a lot better than the white fog lights.

blue bulbs look good, get the extensions so you don't melt any wires.

Dustman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know HOW to access the light assemblies ? (Headlight as well as Foglight)

Do the fenders have to be removed ? :confused:

Thanks for any input !

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for that little plastic hatch, soon after I replaced my fog bulbs one of them was gone. As Chuck Tator told me, its best to put a couple of dabs of silcone on it when re-installing...

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another, maybe more advantageous option is to replace the stock 9145 fog lamps with 9005 SIlverstar bulbs.

Bonus is that you get 20 more watts of light, and also lose the blocker coating on the top of the 9145 bulb (way brighter light)

Minus is you have to dremel part of the 9005 base tabs to match the 9145. (not a big deal with the gains)

I did this exact mod on my 2004 Mustang Cobra and the light output over the stock 9145's was AMAZING.

I can only imagine its the same, if not better with the Viper considering the optics on the Viper's Fog Lamps are superior to the Cobra's.

NOTE: I did not melt my lens on the Cobra, and would not think anyone would on the Viper either.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth