What car clubs are you a member of?

Bratatatat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First and foremost, I am in the VCA. But, I have other buddies with non-Vipers(e.g. Bentley's, Vettes, and yes even a mod'd Dodge PowerWagon). We're currently thinking about setting up our own. Are any of you members of other car clubs? Have any of you set up your own?

Any info is much appreciated!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of the VCA of course and an unoffical member of the Ferrari Club of America. With them all the time and most of their events. Just can not join without a Ferrari.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh, but let's see what they do on the track! Hope we don't get embarrassed.

Me thinks that is not likely Ron ;) Although a couple of them may surprise you....a little. Some get about 400 HP to the wheels. ........But then, you have a few tricks up your sleeve as well. Don't forget the Charger R/T that will be there.

Steve

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, Kevin.
There is a movement afoot here in Alberta to start an Alberta chapter of the VCA. I don't have a lot of info at the present, but I'll let you know if I hear anything.

mntngts99: Thanks again for your generosity! It is most appreciated! I owe you one. (at least one!)

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just can not join without a Ferrari.

Hmmmmm, don't know who told you that-I am a member and I do not own a Ferrari (yet :D ) I am very active in the local club as well.

OP
OP
B

Bratatatat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey "got one", hillcountrydrives.com looks cool. How did you get that started, and how many members do you have?

Also, thanks "Asp Man" I would look forward to an Alberta chapter!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just can not join without a Ferrari.

Hmmmmm, don't know who told you that-I am a member and I do not own a Ferrari (yet :D ) I am very active in the local club as well.

Ferrari Club of America is strict like that but I am a member of their unoffical club. Ferrarichat is the biggest one.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
qoute: "Also, thanks "Asp Man" I would look forward to an Alberta chapter!"

I think a lot of people would appreciate it. Think track day at Calgary Motorsports Park, or 'get together' with 15 or 20 V's at Banff Springs Hotel (with run through the Ice Fields Parkway)
There are a lot of owners in AB that don't bother with the west coast runs simply because of the miles.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey "got one", hillcountrydrives.com looks cool. How did you get that started, and how many members do you have?

Long story, but it has taken off. To date we currently have 178 individual members. It's a blast!!! It is definately one of kind...at least in my area.

OP
OP
B

Bratatatat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
qoute: "Also, thanks "Asp Man" I would look forward to an Alberta chapter!"

I think a lot of people would appreciate it. Think track day at Calgary Motorsports Park, or 'get together' with 15 or 20 V's at Banff Springs Hotel (with run through the Ice Fields Parkway)
There are a lot of owners in AB that don't bother with the west coast runs simply because of the miles.

Ok ... I'm imagining it and ... I like it. Cruising in and around Banff is awesome!! The Kananaskis roads offer unbelievable views of the Rocky Mountains. My brother just bought a Z06 (adding to his 68 Stingray) and he's joining the local Vette club. Having a local Viper club would be fantastic.

OP
OP
B

Bratatatat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. K country is great for runnin' with a pack.
What year Z06 did your bro buy? And why couldn't you talk him into a Viper!!

He bought the new 2006 Z06. I tried to talk him into a new Viper Coupe, but he had his heart set on the Z06. Typical brother. I say black, he says white.

Dude ... look forward to hook up with you.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed on the awesomeness of an Alberta chapter :eek: :D !
I have family living in Calgary and I have met a two-Viper owner there 2 years ago, dunno if he already heard of it but I will make sure to pass this info on to him :2tu:

Oh and BTW, me owning an Opel Calibra I am part of Calibra Team Nederland, a club that (IMO) rightfully deserves to be right up there with the VCA when it comes to helpfulness and knowledge :laugh:

http://www.calibraclub.com

(click the small british flag and you can read everything in english)

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the local miata club mimiata at the soaring rate of $10 per year(yes ten dollars), considering joining the local PCA to save a few bucks on their driver education days(open track days)