Are you a Drag Racer or talker?? - Viper Vette confrontation

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:bonker: There has been a lot of discussion about the death of Viper drag racing. There has also been are far too many no-shows (at race events) from the viper community. Our inability to show up for races is Urban Legend on the Vette forums. Well, here is our chance to prove them wrong. The schedule for the Viper Vette races is as follows:

4/22/06 Atco Raceway (Atco, NJ)
5/20/06 Cecil County (Rising Sun, Maryland)
6/24/06 Edgewater Raceway ( Cleves, Oh) - Cincinnati Area
7/22/06 US Dragway 41 (Morocco, In)
8/12/06 Thompson Dragway ( Cleveland East)
9/09/06 US 131 Motorsport Park ( Martin, Mi)
9/30/06 National Trailways (Columbus East)

There has to be 5,000 vipers in the midwest, can we get some participation? If you don't race, what about as spectators. If you are not familiar with the race format, it is very similar to the the Viper Nationals brackets. It is basically heads-up racing with a break-out. The two fastest claasses do not have a breakout. Whether the Vettes are there or not, it is a good venue to race our cars, personally, I think it is more fun to beat a Vette.

Here is the link: http://www.racesupercars.com/speednews_current.html

It is very interesting, a Vette guy started this series (Ned @ Rolling Thunderz), but it is Viper Vette, not Vette Viper, hmmmmmmmm, could that be a freudian slip

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a dragracer BUt i'm also a U.S Marine so unfortunately i'm deployed 11 months out of the year, or else i'd definately be there to throw down, and watch. Sounds like alot of fun though.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:)

Looks like a pure Corvette racing league with Corvettes only.

They invited a couple of Viper seniors so they can claim that Corvettes are Viper killers. Good marketing move from GM to motivate their Corvette sales. (Dodge should get some of the Corvette marketing guys in their team).

In all racing leagues the reference is to defeat Vipers (From Corvette to Porsche through Toyota Supra). The legend is still there: Vipers are the ultimate race cars from factory out. :)

It recomforts me that the Corvette guys are still scared from Vipers :)

red98RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a dragracer BUt i'm also a U.S Marine so unfortunately i'm deployed 11 months out of the year, or else i'd definately be there to throw down, and watch. Sounds like alot of fun though.

Hey devildog! How do you afford a Viper on Marine pay? I had a Toyota Tercel when I was in! :eek:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to come out and race, but I cant justify traveling over a 1000+ miles round trip to whoop up on some vettes. I really cant justify anything related to this car, but you know what I mean.

I wish they had scheduled a race closer down south for the huge FL, TX and GA contingent.

John

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps - I went to the Atlanta event last year and rain played a big part on the lacluster turnout but it was a fun event nonetheless.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If i can get/borrow a trailer I will show up at atco with a rsi tt sporting drag radials.

I live in dutchess county ny and have a hummer tow vechile. Just need to borrow a trailer.

vd..

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok i'm in :2tu:

at this point i will definitely do the NJ & MD races. NJ track about 2 hours
from me and the MD track 25 minutes from me. i hope some of the va/md vca joins
in with me. I PLAN TO WHOOOOOP SOME ARSS :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

tom

so does anyone else want to join me?

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning on Cecil. Not sure about ATCO.

alright john :2tu:

the heck with the vette's i just want to peal that banana, lol. :nana: :nana: :D

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will race when I can. Right now my car is in San Antonio for a turbo system. I'm not real sure when I will get it back yet, I'm hoping that it will be in August or so. That still leaves 3 races I could make.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:)

They invited a couple of Viper seniors so they can claim that Corvettes are Viper killers.
SENIORS, I think you need to look at many of the V10 Nats participants to see what kind of ages are driving, and if you think JackB is some slow old man you better not line up against him.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will race when I can. Right now my car is in San Antonio for a turbo system. I'm not real sure when I will get it back yet, I'm hoping that it will be in August or so. That still leaves 3 races I could make.

AUGUST? It takes over 6 months to install a turbo on a Viper? Jesus, please enlighten me on why it would possibly take that long.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Are you a Drag Racer or talker?? - Viper Vette confrontation

355....you are right in NJ...you should do the 1st race even in NJ......Can't you make it????

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would like to attend some of these races, however I do not have a turbo or anything like that on my car yet. I am thinking about a Roe Supercharger, but I am stock except for headers, side exhaust, no cats, less the a/c, and a few other minor things. I expect my car to be running mid 11's the way she sits now. Can I still race in these events and be competative? What classes are there? How much is it to participate in these events? Do I need drag slicks? Thanks.

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Schulan Said:

"Looks like a pure Corvette racing league with Corvettes only"

What makes it such, is the lack of participation on our part. Since you "scare" all those vettes and are located so close to many of those races, perhaps your appearance will sway the balance of power or do you only race with your fingers.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok I'm taking a count on the "I'll be theres" We'd have a good field if they show!!!! Don't forget the Ohio Viper Nationals in Cols, Aug 5. ESPN TV, AutoX and Drag Racing.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Tom and John I'll join you at Cecil, we can ride together and beat them before we even get there ;) John we'll make a banana split with Tom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets