Dash Mats

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those who own a dash mat, is the glare reduced or eliminated? If reduced do you see the mat rather than the dash?

PS, Dave (RACECARS) as of this writing all your website links only go to your photos.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperBite,

working on it, hopefully today :(

the dash pad was one of the first things I did, it was custom made to fit :cool:
4459dashpad5-med.jpg

Oh, Just happen to sell these too :buttkick: See ad on New Products and Supplier Specials :usa:

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Snake Oyl dash mat and it sure as hell doesn't fit as nice as Dave's mat:

8526dashmat-med.jpg

I tried using velcro to keep it down but I just can't get it to stick. I tried working it in/smoothing it out with heat but it doesn't really alleviate the problem.

As far as glare goes, most of the glare I get comes off the hood---not the dash. So the mat doesn't really help much. However, I keep it on since it does make the dash look a lot nicer when viewing the car from outside (i.e., through the windshield). The top of the dash is kind of sandwhiched together with the front of the textured dash and leaves a gap running the entire width of the dash (did I say dash enough? ;) ) This looks kind of cheap so the dash mat covers the problem (pun intended ;) ). Plus I already paid $150 for it so I might as well use it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21