NY/CT Region Peter Luger Brunch

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If God doesn't strike another kitchen fire.....

Here's a heck of a way to start the "driving season"! :headbang:

Sunday, April 23
Peter Luger Steakhouse
12:30 PM
Peter Luger
178 Broadway
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11211

Attended parking available
Cash only!

We'll have our own room so we can have a "spirited" brunch.

I will need a head count (although I'd be surprised if we get to our limit of 40)

Wives and sig. others are all welcome. Yes, they do have fish for those that shudder at the thought of red meat. :smirk:

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, I guess I'll have to do the headcount thing:

City for 2
Plum for 2
Dr. John for 2
06 Viper for 2

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City for 2
Plum for 2
Dr. John for 2
06 Viper for 2
adam for 1
bogota for 1

ANYONE ELSE ? ? ?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City for 2
Plum for 2
Dr. John for 2
06 Viper for 2
adam for 1
bogota for 1
"banned for life" tony for 1

ANYONE ELSE ? ? ?

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we doing a per person or menu? Too far in advance to know.
I think with a large group it's easier to just take the bill and divide it by the number of people attending. My experience at Lugers is that an appetizer + steak + 1 drink + coffee and desert should run about $100-$120 PP. If folks decide to go with some expensive wine or the like, it will influence the bill.

Maybe we can ask for a food tab and a separate bar tab. Those that drink can negotiate the bar tab between themselves?

Up to everyone.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
City for 2
Plum for 2
Dr. John for 2
06 Viper for 2
Adam for 1
Bogota for 1
Banned for life Tony for 2

ANYONE ELSE ? ? ?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we doing a per person or menu? Too far in advance to know.
I think with a large group it's easier to just take the bill and divide it by the number of people attending. My experience at Lugers is that an appetizer + steak + 1 drink + coffee and desert should run about $100-$120 PP. If folks decide to go with some expensive wine or the like, it will influence the bill.

Maybe we can ask for a food tab and a separate bar tab. Those that drink can negotiate the bar tab between themselves?

Up to everyone.

Oh boy. I remember that from last time, especially since I was handling the money. Not going to make this one.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith...you're not going because of how the bill get's paid? If folks feel that way, I can try to get separate checks. the problem is that they usually serve steak by the table, i.e., you order a steak for 2, 3 or 4. There's a price break for ordering steak for 4 rather than 1 or 2.

Not sure how to handle this here. Anyone else?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE...

but I know last time quite a few were VERY angry seeing that they only ordered a meal at $40 or $50 and then paid $120. Again I saw all of this because I was handling the money but still I tend to agree with them. I do not mind paying a little more but if I ordered $50 worth of stuff and pay $120, I think that is a bit ridiculous.

As for separate bills, it is more difficult that way especially with huge parties so it is a tough decision but I just feel that a lot of people got the short end of the stick last time and I hope that if you were one of them that you would say something too so that it does not look like I am making this all up trying to dampen everyone's mood.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im going no matter what way the bill gets paid as long as im not paying the entire bill... :)

viper club or not im gonna be there that day eating steak ! ! !

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE...

but I know last time quite a few were VERY angry seeing that they only ordered a meal at $40 or $50 and then paid $120. Again I saw all of this because I was handling the money but still I tend to agree with them. I do not mind paying a little more but if I ordered $50 worth of stuff and pay $120, I think that is a bit ridiculous.

As for separate bills, it is more difficult that way especially with huge parties so it is a tough decision but I just feel that a lot of people got the short end of the stick last time and I hope that if you were one of them that you would say something too so that it does not look like I am making this all up trying to dampen everyone's mood.

I assume your referring to the dinner we had at the steak house I set up. I didnt want to have a prefixed menu so I let it go a al carte..

Ill tell you what keith, its impossible when you sit down and have dinner a la carte and have everyone order food, drinks etc.. to make it equitable payment wise..we just divide and split the bill and thats it..If and when you have a exact way to do this in a way as to not embarress people you let me know!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best way to do this is to just split the bill between people based on what they ate and add an amount, say $10 a person for tip. That would work best and prevent short changing. No hard feelings to anyone.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that we seem to have quite a few religious conflicts.

It's still early enough to reschedule. Perhaps I should look into another Sunday in April?

Plum's gonna kill me! :crazy:

06 VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im still in. Easter is on the 16th rite! This dinner is on the 23rd. As per the pre fix. Don't like it.. I want to order what I want. Call it Viper Tax. By now we should all be aware of that tax.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<font color="red">*** In Light of the GREEK EASTER HOLIDAY CONFLICT, WE'RE GOING TO RESCHEDULE This Brunch. *** </font>

Sorry, but it was brought my attention that several of our members cannot attend due to the holiday. So as not to disrespect anyone, we'll simply reschedule. I'll post another thread with the new date.

It was my fault not to have noticed the holiday and I'm sorry for that mistake. (I'm guessing I should also avoid scheduling anything on Christmas day too? LOL)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<font color="red">*** In Light of the GREEK EASTER HOLIDAY CONFLICT, WE'RE GOING TO RESCHEDULE This Brunch. *** </font>

Sorry, but it was brought my attention that several of our members cannot attend due to the holiday. So as not to disrespect anyone, we'll simply reschedule. I'll post another thread with the new date.

It was my fault not to have noticed the holiday and I'm sorry for that mistake. (I'm guessing I should also avoid scheduling anything on Christmas day too? LOL)

UGGHHHHHH....@^%$!% $@&amp; ^%# $&amp;^@ &amp;*(^T&amp;^$% ...lol

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

UGGHHHHHH....@^%$!% $@&amp; ^%# $&amp;^@ &amp;*(^T&amp;^$% ...lol

Yeah..I KNOW, I KNOW!

I'll PM you and we'll work on this together.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any word? I would love to go...last weekend in april is my god son's first birthday...any other weekend please. love Peter Lugers