Mopar 3:55 Diff install pics

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys(gals), I put my Mopar Diff in this past weekend and finished it up tonight! Here are some pics of the rear end as well as my install. Sorry they are out of order. I figured I would throw in a couple of extra pics as well. I finally figured out how to post pics, just barely.

You must be registered for see images attach

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking good, have you had the chance to drive it yet? I’m putting mine in this weekend while the car is in the body shop so I won’t have the chance to drive it for a little while but I’m excited to see how she feels. Congrats :2tu:

OP
OP
C

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnbennet, I purchased the Differential from Woodhouse about a year and a half ago. I pulled it out of my last ACR, so yes I driven with it Knight Viper. The difference is amazing, I actually believe it will run quicker but only with sticky tires. The diff cover assembly is also available through Mopar performance for about $200. I paid about $1,100 for the Diff. complete + $200 this time around for the cover. Buying the cover makes swapping back to stock gearing a snap, since the whole diff. assembly is sealed and ready to go. Additionaly you've got to replace the straps and bolts for the half shafts as well as the pinion. You can get those for a grest price as a kit from DC performance.

Unfortunately Mopar Perf. is not interested in selling these parts to you, as they no longer list the part numbers or available items. The only way to find the parts is if you have a 2002 Mopar Performance Catalog, which I don't. Many of the items have been discontinued, but many part numbers are still valid.

Actually if anyone has that catalog and can post an image of those pages containg all the Viper parts, that would be awesome.

One nice advantage that the Mopar performance diff has over all the rest is that it is already drilled for the diff. cooling set-up. It also utilizes the 2001-2002 ring gear asembly which uses larger ring gear bolts than previous years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456