fuse for alternator (from battery): where is it?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shop manual describes the hot side of the alternator as having a fusable link. But I can't seem to find the fuse. Since i have no juice at the B+ terminal on the alternator, i suspect this is my issue. anyone know where it is located?

Thanks in advance!

JD

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found it! turns out it is a link right on the driver's side near the other two harnesses that are right there. thick cable and plastic link. easy stuff.

full charge.

woo hoo!

JD

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I pulled on it. I have a lot of heat shielding in that area now and i probably, when re-doing the wiring (or adding the AEM) tugged on it.

But it is working now!

JD

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Affirmative. Just apart. I'll take a closer look at it when i go back down to the garage tonight... i need to understand if it is a fuse what...

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD:

Let us know what it actually looks like. Mine is a green wire attached to the positive terminal on the PDC. It says #10 wire/fusible link. The manual states it is a 120A fuse. Typically a fusible link in the form of a wire is one continuous conductor and wouldn't be capable of coming apart, unless a solder junction broke - let us know what it lloks like.

futureacrowner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So uhh, How about sharing that dyno chart with the rest of the world :laugh: Even on a partial pull it is damn impressive.

:2tu:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jack- I am fairly sure he is talking about the Postive cable connector on the driver side of the engine. it is simply a HUGE bullet-connector. If you yanked hard enough, you could pull it apart easily.