Thread: Spent the day/evening w/bud's new SRT-8 Cherokee. NICE Package!

Reply to Thread
    Viper Owner

Default Spent the day/evening w/bud\'s new SRT-8 Cherokee. NICE Package!

SRT has really done a nice job with the Cherokee. I have a line on one for the first week of April so it was really nice my buddy got one first since there is none to even sit in let alone test drive. Fast for an SUV but not blinding after driving a Viper. Back seat leg room is surprisingly small. Only thing disappointing is his black paint is really full of orange peel - DC dropped the ball there (won't be such an issue on my silver), and no HID headlights (he is putting his aftermarket HID in tomorrow). Great overall package and the best deal out there in new-car-land for low $40k range.

Viper Owner

Default Re: Spent the day/evening w/bud\'s new SRT-8 Cherokee. NICE Package!

Rated at 4.9 0-60, not since the Typhoon has a SUV hit sub 5s.

Viper Owner

Where can one put a tow hitch? Is it possible?

Viper Owner

Where can one put a tow hitch? Is it possible?
    Yes Mopar makes a hitch for it, but due to the convoluted mounting it is only rated for 3,500 pound towing capacity as compared to I think 6,500 for the lesser hemi Cherokee.

Enthusiast

Its a damn nice looking rig. If I didnt just buy my charger srt I would add the jeep in a second. Bill Pemberton has a fully decked black one for sticker now if anyone is interested.

Enthusiast

Got mine thursday and love it. This thing is so much fun out of the whole its ridiculous. Ran 13.03 and 13.04 on the G tech 0-60 was 4.4

pic here :

www.fastpartsnetwork.com/1.bmp
    www.fastpartsnetwork.com/2.bmp
    www.fastpartsnetwork.com/3.bmp

Enthusiast

13.4 @ 103.6 !

Enthusiast

12.9 @ 107.5 last night at Gainesville !

Viper Owner

tmcphail,

Was the 12.9 at the Gainsville dragstrip or a Gtech?

RD

Enthusiast

Gainesville go here :

http://www.srt8oc.com/forums/showthr...873&page=2

scroll down a bit. Keep going for pics and a video of the run I did right before which was a 13.01

Viper Owner

My truck has been off-loaded from the train here in Phoenix and hopefully will make it to the dealer via transport tomorrow or I am going to have to wait until next week due to the holiday. I am excited. Have not had a new vihicle in a long time. That means the Viper is for sale.

Enthusiast

Sweet ride! Damn, I want to go take one for a ride!

Enthusiast

Its fun as hell to drive especially on the hose ! Spins all 4 tires so hard from a dead dig it instantly shifts into second gear

Viper Owner

Got mine today. No bottle for me but I still really like it. Navigation is a gizmo with little purpose when you always know where you are going, but it will give me something to play with. I'll post some pics of my silver duo tomorrow.

Enthusiast

I will have a CAI out for that in about a week. If your interested. My initial prototype netted me 1 mph in the 1/4

Viper Owner

I will have a CAI out for that in about a week. If your interested. My initial prototype netted me 1 mph in the 1/4
    OMFG I LOVE THIS TRUCK! Have only driven about 20 miles and I am smitten. The tube from the air filter box to the throttle body does not have any baffles so I see no reason for a "cold" air intake. Fast enough for me for awhile.

Enthusiast

I love mine as well but that alone does not mean the small opening for the air box is sufficient hence the gains I made doing my own R&D.

Enthusiast

Oh yeah just wait until you drive it with the traction control disabled completely.

Enthusiast

In the video were you racing a GTO ?

Enthusiast

Indeed I ran away from him. I have gotten down to 12.6 @ 109.4 so far. newer times to come !

Enthusiast

Got a ride at SRT Track Exprerience,,,,All I can say....The Cherokee is Awsome!!!!!