Thread: new pix of my muscle boat + GPS

Reply to Thread
    Viper Owner

Default new pix of my muscle boat + GPS

took this pic of my 25 foot nordic rage muscle boat next to my neighbors pilatus PC-12 airplane his plane has a 1200 hp turbine engine that runs on jet fuel. my boats 700 hp supercharged V-8 engine runs on 100 octane LL aviation gas. since i live in a airpark and 100 octane aviation gasoline only costs me $3.00 a gallon i run that instead of pump gas to resist detonation. anyway, i thought my boat matched his plane pretty good with the paint scheme and all so i decided to take a pic of them together. i told him if he gives me a ride in his plane i will give him a ride in my boat, lol. his plane cruises at 315 mph. my boat does 84.6 mph on GPS (see pic below) with the tanks half full and wife on board with 200 lbs of gear. both of our rideZ can carry up to 12 people but at a cost of $2 million new his plane cost about 20 times more than my boat

Enthusiast

Default Re: new pix of my muscle boat + GPS

<< -------- he is at a loss for words!

Enthusiast

We have a fellow in our club you need to meet, he has a wonderful boat he runs silly fast... I think he is looking at one of the Viper Powered Boats right now. His name is Dolph, he has lots of other neat toys too.

Viper Owner

Jay. i have posted some pix here of the E-ticket viper ride. its cobras new boat called the 290 viper sxt. its a 29 foot tri-hull with a 105 inch beam. it weighs a mere 4,400 lbs with its viper engine. the modified V-hull with it air entrapment sponsons gives the boat aditional lift and speed on top speed blasts yet while still retaining the cornering ability of a traditional V-hull. also as you can see this type of arrangement does not sacrifice seating and storage space in the bow as a traditional tunnel or catamaran hull would. the motor of choice is ilmores 625 hp marinized viper engine. with this engine the boat does 91 mph. i plan on buying one of these in the future. i will bore and stroke the motor to 605 CI and jack the compression ratio to 11.0:1. a set of BIG ported & polished heads with a nasty roller cam and this engine will make 750 hp no sweat. this should push this super snake boat to a speed of 100 mph. of course that ugly green & orange paint scheme will have to be changed up. something in red, white and blue would look a whole lot better

Enthusiast

Thats a nice collection of toys you have Freddy!

Viper Owner

Jay. i have posted some pix here of the E-ticket viper ride. its cobras new boat called the 290 viper sxt. its a 29 foot tri-hull with a 105 inch beam. it weighs a mere 4,400 lbs with its viper engine. the modified V-hull with it air entrapment sponsons gives the boat aditional lift and speed on top speed blasts yet while still retaining the cornering ability of a traditional V-hull. also as you can see this type of arrangement does not sacrifice seating and storage space in the bow as a traditional tunnel or catamaran hull would. the motor of choice is ilmores 625 hp marinized viper engine. with this engine the boat does 91 mph. i plan on buying one of these in the future. i will bore and stroke the motor to 605 CI and jack the compression ratio to 11.0:1. a set of BIG ported & polished heads with a nasty roller cam and this engine will make 750 hp no sweat. this should push this super snake boat to a speed of 100 mph. of course that ugly green & orange paint scheme will have to be changed up. something in red, white and blue would look a whole lot better

Do you know how to get more info on this boat? Where to buy it?

Thanks

Viper Owner

www.cobraperformanceboats.com they are located in california

Viper Owner

Thanks

Nice boat you have!

I think it's time to swipe the T55 turbine from his plane and swap it into the boat... It would do 184 mph then

Viper Owner

well i hit a new top speed this last weekend at lake havasu. as you can see from the pic of the GPS here i am now doin 86.8 mph. lake havasu at 450 feet above sea level is over a 1/4 mile lower than the lake i last ran at. so the drop in elevation resulted in more dense air despite a rise in temperature of 15 degrees when i made this run. i also had a good 200 lbs more weight on the boat this time as i was in party mode and had a cooler full of beer, etc on board and my gas tanks were 2/3 full at the time of the run as well. so if i had the same weight as i had on my previous run i probably would have went closer to 90 mph. nonetheless i am very pleased with the performance of this boat

Were you at the havasu poker run? I was trying to make it out to meet up with the Terribles guys but things got in the way. Plus I wanted to check out Ballistic (which I hear poped a head gaskets on those 1800hp Keith Eckhert motors)

Yes that boat has 3600hp, it's so far beyond insane words can't describe it.

Viper Owner

yes, i went to the the desert storm poker run on the colorado river in lake havasu, arizona this last weekend. i did not participate in the event because it was my 1st time ever to a poker run and i just wanted see how the event was run. so i threw out my anchor in a cove by black meadows landing and watched the BIG dawgz go at it. after the poker run ended i went out in the afternoon and got to run my boat alongside million dollar race boats like terribles. it was the most incredible thing. truly unbelievable to be running wide open throttle at 80 mph in my boat while these fully enclosed and encapsualted cockpitted boats were just cruising right along side me at 80 mph barely breaking a sweat. i was flying out of the rough water BIG time as they just cut right thru it like a hot knife to butter. here is a pic of the pace boat for the event. it was a 44 foot hallett special that had two yanmar 440 deisels. i caught him at the pump fillin her up. i will be makin a new post here in the driven section in the next couple of days as i got lots of pix of some very trick boats over the weekend.