guys need advice between 1999 gts and a 1998 gts

bmw1952

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am caught between two cars. my first pic is a 1998 gts red with silver only 11 made in 1998. this car is in coral springs florida and it is a second owner car which has been babied and mint condition. it has 36k miles and with a bilstein suspension, corsa exhaust, ram air intake, fluyidine radiator and fan with black and red leather interior. the car is perfect carfax ok and coming from an older man. i put a few hundred dollars deposit on it and flying from new jersey next week to pick it up and ship it for 1200 to jersey. i love the color of this car and has an incredible stance from the suspension drop it also has the 17 inch rims polished very aggressive looking. tomorrow im going with my friend to warnok doge in jersey so he can service his 1994 rt. i spoke to scott the technician and he mentioned that his customer has a black gts 1999 with 11k miles and congiak interior color with corsa exhaust. it also has the 18 inch rims on it as well. the 1998 gts got the guy down to 40k and 1999 gts 11k dollars. i know the 1999 is a better deal and original local owner but he needs to get rid of it to make room for his new zo6 vette. im just not sure about the black color and i really love the red with silver stripes what would u guys do. flying to florida next week

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I may be A LITTLE biased, go with the 98' Red/Silver, much much faster! :)

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go with the blue with S/S, I mean red with S/S ;) Black is a awesome color to, If I were you I would just get both. :2tu: either way you are a winner and they guy who traded in the black gts for a Z06 is a ******, Im mean winner

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would get the 99; bigger rims, local car. but if you end up getting the red one (you already put a deposit on it, right?) give me the info (and real price) on the 99 black GTS... i might buy it!
:headbang:

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$11,000? I'll take two please. What is the actual price of the 99? I am with you on the red with silver. All things being equal that color combo is far more desirable. The big thing about the 99 is the jump to 18" wheels but if that isn't important to you, get the one you think is prettier. You shouldn't have to have a color grow on you unless it is an unbeleivable steal of a deal(like $11,000)

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the red one is much better. Black color has lots of problems such (my point of view) and does not look aggressive enough on a Viper.

Something is wrong with this $11k price - a very suspicious deal - salvage title??? or stability problems at speed??? Who knows. Do not touch it unless u can fix it. BTW - I don't like cognac interior.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper