What's the easiest way to....

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What\'s the easiest way to....

Remove the positive/negitive terminal so to "reset" the computer. I think I have some bad gas. I've done the "octane booster" along with about 9 gal. of 93 gas to top her off. I want to let the computer "rethink" everything again. Right now I have a very low idle and I think bad gas is the cause. Thanks. Anything I can do under the hood to disconnect the battery power or do I need to go to the trunk?

OP
OP
S

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s the easiest way to....

When on average there's a crash every 217 rentals....... sure... but 9-10 times renters do not have enough "seat time" to drive the car to it's limits like a normal Viper owner could.... The Viper as a rental car actually holds up very well..

Any help on the battery would be great... Guess I'll just go right to the source... thought there'd be any easier way.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think you need to go through the trunk directly to the battery as I did. Make sure you have a powerful cordless drill/screw gun because those screws are tight! Not something you want to do by hand. Believe me I made that mistake once.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yes i believe the easiest way is through the trunk. Those screws are a real pain in the ass

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What are you trying to achieve by disconnecting the computer? Codes, adaptives, ...

OP
OP
S

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes... I think it's "detuned" itself... I assume this car has this feature if you put in low octane/bad gas? No? I looked at the screws.. they are 5 star... I'll have to go to the store tomorrow to get the right tools...