Another Exhaust question....

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at the Mopar cat back system for my 2005 SRT/10 and I had 2 questions.

If anyone is running it how does it sound?

How hard was it to install? (looks like it would be easy)

Sorry to start a thread that has probably been started before :eek:

Thanks

viperva

Enthusiast
Reaction score

mark1962

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For what it's worth I just had the Mopar (Borla) Race Exhaust installed and imo it was well worth it.i paid $ 1182 installed at a local dealer.

The heat issue in the footwells in gone, deeper sound, no drone. I did use the Vortex cones in an effor to avoid the drone issue, some people have posted that it needs it and others that it doesn't - for me it was just cheap insurance.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Borla/Mopar exhaust is a very good system. Be sure to buy it thru Mopar and not Borla as Borla charges a ton more money. I can sell toy the Mopar system at a discount if you are interested. Here is the link for the Borla system, they list it under 2005 only but it wiull fit all SRT-10 Vipers. The nice thing about it you can retain your crossover and tips or get rid of the crossover and use the supplied tips. Removing the crossover will make the cat louder therefor some people do not use the tips. http://borla.com/applications/lookup.aspx/2005/Dodge/Viper/SRT-10T-304_Stainless_Steel_Cat-Back_System/140048/. Some people like it and others do not. I will tell you this, it is the best bang for the buck out there so if you do not like it you will not have spent a ton of money. I had a guy call me yesterday and asked if I would trade a set of air filters for his Borla Tips as he said he was going to try a different system. It is all a mater of personal taste.
Anyone who decides to buy this system and does not use the tips, Email me, and I will buy the tips from you. I will also buy Corsa Tips.