$90.00 re-stocking fee?

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a set of door panels because mine had warped. I was told they were off a 3,500 mile '02 Viper and were in great condition. When I opened the box, I noticed they were far from "great condition." There were wear marks from where the door had sagged (3,500 mile car with sagging doors?) and the screws were rusted. I returned them and was charged a $90.00 restocking fee, does this sound a bit high? I was expecting about half that because I paid the shipping to return them.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they weren't in the condition they should have been in then you shouldn't have to pay anything. Did you get pics before buying?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< ..does this sound a bit high? >>

ah - YEAH. $90 to do what? put it back on a shelf? sheesh.

i agree with chuck.

OP
OP

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it's my fault for not getting pictures first, but I live under the mistaken impression that people have integrity; especially those that run a business. I was told there would be a restocking fee, but like I said, I was expecting about half of what I was charged. I also had to call multiple times to get the money refunded back to my account. Each time I was told they would call back and let me know the status, and each time...nothing. I delt with Ron at R&J Distributing, and I was satisfied with the business I had done with them before; but never again. I agree with big-n-italian, $90.00 to open a box, take out the door panels and put them back on a shelf? This goes way beyond "Viper Tax," and they just lost a customer.

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Shouldn't have to pay a thing if they were not as described. I would get my money back. If I had trouble I would make sure to let others know so that they do not get ripped off. Also if you paid by credit card you can request a refund through the CC company. I have had to do that once before. It is just the princilple that makes me mad.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Even if a restocking fee was conveyed to you, if the product was misrepresented it seems only ethical that you should not be charged such. I suggest calling them back again, and seeing if they would not review this situation. Best of luck , but I believe we all feel it is in your rights to question and ask for fairness in this matter.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know the vendor, so his or her practices can be exposed. I personally will avoid them. Please post up who or where you bought them from.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their rep is somewhat questionable, unfortuantely. the prices include a significant viper tax and although i won't say that i'd _never_ do business with them, i'm inclined to look elsewhere before i send my hard earned $$ in their direction.

RJSGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm somewhat new to the Viper world, (only have mine since Jan.) but I learned about that place in the first week or so, he wanted more for a USED door hinge than I paid for a BRAND NEW one!

OP
OP

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a chrome gas cap from them and it was very nice, but it doesn't make up for poor customer service and screwing me out of $90.00 after I paid the return shipping on merchandise that wasn't as advertised.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< ... but it doesn't make up for poor customer service and screwing me out of $90.00 after I paid the return shipping on merchandise that wasn't as advertised. >>

dont get my post wrong, i do agree with you 101%.