I have water in my passenger floorboard ??

npeifer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I noticed last night while preparing to do my footwell sub that my floorboard was wet. I thought maybe a heater core but it is just water not antifreeze. I last had my car in the rain over 2 weeks ago and it has sat in my garage ever since.

Anybody have any ideas or know of any problems it could be other than it just got damp and never dried up ?

OP
OP
N

npeifer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nope. I am kind of wondering aboUt the A/C vent tube since I ran the car with the defrost on a couple of weeks ago for about 100 miles.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the same problem with my 94, soaked the floor mats, and I couldn't find out where it was coming from. Have you run your A/C lately? If so that is probably your problem. Leave the car running with the A/C on after awhile,you should have a puddle on condensation under the car from the A/C, if not look under the dash at the firewall in the passenger footwell. There is a plug, grommet or something under there that leaks. Put a good weather stripping on it and it will solve the problem. Hope this solves your problem.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, check the foam gasket on the footbox where the heater core ******* stick up. On my '94 the foam was open-cell foam that dried and when it rained enough, water on top of the footbox saturated it and water would wick through. I used silicone windshield sealer (a very runny silicone glue) and "soaked" the foam and that fixed it.