VOI.9 Stone White Blue Stripe Coupe (Orders open May 1)

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check this out.

I have heard ramblings of this, but, here's an official announcement:

http://www.voi9.com/home/vipercoupe.html

You must be registered for see images

From the link:

This is your chance to own a version of America's :usa: ultimate sports car, destined to become a classic!

The absolutely stunning 2006 VOI.9 Special Edition Viper SRT10 coupe is coming soon, and you’ll want to be sure to get your order in as soon as possible for this limited-production vehicle.

With a classic Stone-White-with-Viper-Blue stripes exterior, a very limited number will be built! If you don’t get in on this offer, you may never have another chance. This Viper also comes with polished forged aluminum, five-spoke wheels, a unique black and blue interior, and many other enhancements.

As a special bonus, you may choose to take delivery of this exquisite Viper (along with a few extra surprises) at the Viper Owners Invitational, Sept. 24-28, 2006, in Las Vegas! Imagine the envy among the throngs of people (as well as other Viper owners), as you’re handed the keys to this limited-edition Viper.

For those of you who want even more horsepower, Mopar Performance Parts is also developing an aftermarket package, to be announced shortly, that can be added to this special edition Viper. Be sure to check out this package! Please refer back here for more details in the next few weeks.

To make sure you don’t miss out, please review the following information:

• You can place an order for the 2006 VOI.9 Special Edition Viper SRT10 coupe beginning
May 1, 2006. Contact your local Chrysler Group SRT-approved dealer for details.

• If you choose to take delivery at VOI.9 in Las Vegas, a registration/delivery form will be available on this website or call VOI.9 Headquarters at 866-864-2003 after May 1.

• If you take delivery from the selling dealer, you should contact your dealer regarding the delivery date of your Viper.

If you have any questions regarding this 2006 VOI.9 Special Edition Viper SRT10 Coupe, contact VOI.9 headquarters at 866-864-2003.

Sounds like a great way to end the current Viper run (what with the factory shutting down for retooling sometime in Aug/Sep for 9 months).

-J

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another one? Maybe that is why there are currently three on eBay :D . I wonder how many they are going to make and what the price is going to be. I bet just shy of $100,000.

OP
OP
Y

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory is shutting down to add another line to produce a new car (Firepower) "alongside" the Viper.

Link to Viper Factory closing

You must be registered for see images attach

-J

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one sweet color combination.

I remember when they made just a few (3) of this combination for the Dodge insiders. Sandy Emerling (Viper interiors) brought his GTS to one of the local meetings, and stopped traffic.

Pricing is usually determined by individual dealer, so shop around. Get closer to invoice than sticker.

Maybe reason for factory retooling is addition of another car line (think Firepower!), rather than a new generation. SRT Coupe is just out. Would not expect a new generation for a while. Maybe more info at VOI/Vegas

OP
OP
Y

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another one? Maybe that is why there are currently three on eBay :D . I wonder how many they are going to make and what the price is going to be. I bet just shy of $100,000.

Not following you here, three on ebay, three what? I don't see any of these coupes on ebay. Can you post some links?

I have not heard of the number they will make nor what the price will be.

-J

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Wow!...another limited edition color scheme w/ K&Ns and smooth tubes. Where do I send my $100K so I can be envied at VOI.9? :rolleyes: When is the crayola crayon Marketing Dept. going to come up with the 600 HP we really want????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :confused: BTW, that Firepower is fugly. Looks like something bit it's a$$ off. :p

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Great color combo.

Need more info on power enhancements.

Carpenter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a big fan of the Firepower.Maybe it will look better in person.I like the White Blue stripe Coupe!!!

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the color combo, but really, another "special edition"?? W T F?!??!

By the way, am I the only one that thinks the rear of that coupe looks different? Maybe it's just the color...

Also, I don't care for the Firepower either. Looks like crap IMO.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the color combo, but really, another "special edition"?? W T F?!??!

By the way, am I the only one that thinks the rear of that coupe looks different? Maybe it's just the color...

Also, I don't care for the Firepower either. Looks like crap IMO.

I thought the rear looked different as well, and the front fenders over the wheels look a little more rounded to me.

OP
OP
Y

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a sampling of what I found different about the rear end:

-J

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking that the picture was a photoshop and the rear won't be different but it does look better even though they are only minor changes.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear end will be the same as current production. The picture is a not so good drawing, not a photo and has been done from a frame of reference as if one was lying on the floor when it was viewed.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar Performance Parts is also developing an aftermarket package, to be announced shortly

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
So if every 200 cars are special editions (Mamba, Copperhead, Diamondback, VCA Yellow, VCA red,
ect...) doesn't that imply that none of them are
special?

This is my favorite combo, but danm that's pathetic...

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking that the picture was a photoshop and the rear won't be different but it does look better even though they are only minor changes.

Yup sure is Keith. I'll have a better chop up soon.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So if every 200 cars are special editions (Mamba, Copperhead, Diamondback, VCA Yellow, VCA red, ect...) doesn't that imply that none of them are special? ..............

In the words of CHURCH LADY: "Now Isn't That Sssspeciaallllll." HEY! You left out Final Edition, First Edition, Commemorative Edition, Mamba x 3....

Catch 22: You cannot get invited to VOI without first Owning a Viper....but I suspect an EXCEPTION will be made if you order a VOI edition!

"Stage 1-2 upgrades" ..... the MoPar goodie options I have always thought were a good answer to 'what about the Z-06' questions. With a Stage One or Stage Two MoPar upgrade, you can add 25-50HP and lots of acceleration. If you select upgrades correctly, you will fear no one in a Z06.....

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(Just on the Gen 3's) Has anyone run the numbers to see how many are "Special Editions" there are compared to the "normal" gen 3's?

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B --

Can you confirm that the upgrades mentioned in the VOI 9 press release are the same upgrades currently available from Mopar, i.e, engine controller, cam and exhaust? If so, doesn't this upgrade package impact the car's street legal status? Also, what is the difference between the Mpar Stage 1 and Stage 2? Thanks.

/Rich

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That is one sweet color combination.

I remember when they made just a few (3) of this combination for the Dodge insiders. Sandy Emerling (Viper interiors) brought his GTS to one of the local meetings, and stopped traffic.

They made 324 White / Blue 1996 RT/10
They made 3 White Blu 96 GTS {Gale, Castaing, Emerling.) 2 had WHITE WHEELS!
They made 100 GT-2s (GTS-R Replica) in 1998.
They made 100 Commem Editions SRT10 2005
And now ____ VOI.9 Editions.

ALL are VERRRY SPECIAL !!!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon B -- Can you confirm that the upgrades mentioned in the VOI 9 press release are the same upgrades currently available from Mopar, i.e, engine controller, cam and exhaust? If so, doesn't this upgrade package impact the car's street legal status? Also, what is the difference between the Mpar Stage 1 and Stage 2? Thanks. /Rich

Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 3 upgrades are successful product package names assigned for some other SRT vehicles. They even come with a nice badge. The difference is HP and $$. I think that SRT would be wise to offer this scenario for the SRT-Viper line. And now, Dan Knott is 'over there' with his love for Vipers likely to show thru. 100% Pure Conjecture on my part.

Most of the MoPar P-products that would constitute such a package wear an 'off-road use' label so as to avoid Re-Certification of the motor WITH those mods....a VERY COSTLY expense for a low-# model like Viper. 'Not Street Legal' is a scary term that affects mostly CA, and soon Oregonians. OOPS! Rich, yur OR! [ this a Stage-111 CaliFornication of Oregon!]

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They already have this package you just need to purchase the parts through your mopar dealer or JonB www.partsrack.com

CC cam
mopar engine controller
mopar/or other exhaust

do this and you have your upgrade

I don't think the package will include the Mopar 'race' engine controller unless Dodge is planning to ofeer the car without a working air-conditiong unit ... now the good news would be if there was going to be a new 'street' performance version of the ECU.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's a sampling of what I found different about the rear end:

-J

That is soooo not likely to be the case. The white coupe looks like an illustration, not a photo. This is often done in advertising with artists that can draw very close to photo quality (likely, since that color combo may not been built yet). If so, you're only looking an some artist's handy work -- not real changes to the car.