Post Removal and Editing

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can a new rule be added that if a moderator (or the infamous Jay) edits or removes a post or thread that they leave a witness mark indicating who did it and possibly a reason. I have had several posts removed and edited recently that are most certainly the work of Jay. None that broke any rule of the VCA or this board.

It is time we eliminate the bias.

Reaction score
I think there should be some guidelines...some basic ones, that all should follow. Been a fan of that for years..I usually leave a note of some sort.

However....some things are a given...and all users agreed to. Take INSOMNIAC's new post to sell his car. The only reason I did not delete it on the spot is because I am siting in the airport in Atlanta and can neither confirm noe deny he has listed it in the classifieds. So I offer the benefit of the doubt.

it is not too much to expect that an adult knows the rules...they are there to read...so no note is needed.

Now...I am not sure of your particular issue(s), but your point is well taken.

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony I agree and respect your opinion and also noted over time that you left an "edited by Vipermad" note on edited posts.

But the asterisking of words and names. There is no list of available words/names that I am aware of but we are to intuitively know what they are and avoid them. Beyond the expected swear words the names/words disallowed seem to be vindictive rather than protective in nature. Like viper-alley and Henn-essey.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well what are the rules? I had my post about my local dealer having some closeout 05's and the dealers name and it was deleted. It was a great price and a benefit to any member looking for a new car...I have no connection to the dealer and gain nothing from the post but to help a future owner. As it was, two members bought cars and thanked me for it...but it was implied that some "sponsor dealer" wanted it removed. What's up with that? Or should I expect this one to be removed as well because I am asking a question in public????

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well what are the rules? I had my post about my local dealer having some closeout 05's and the dealers name and it was deleted. It was a great price and a benefit to any member looking for a new car...I have no connection to the dealer and gain nothing from the post but to help a future owner. As it was, two members bought cars and thanked me for it...but it was implied that some "sponsor dealer" wanted it removed. What's up with that? Or should I expect this one to be removed as well because I am asking a question in public????

I think the general idea is that a dealer who chooses not to be a site supporter should not receive free advertising here in the nature of posts that have pictures and copies of their ads when our loyal Viper friendly dealers are stepping up with serious money to run their ads here and support the site. Not even those dealers would be so crass as to throw up ad copy in a thread. That's how the internet works these days, advertising pays for the sites operation. Would a newspaper allow an unpaid ad? Having said all that it certainly would have been your right to post "I know where there are great deals on new SRT's right now, pm me or email me for details." There is a post right now like that on the SRT forum about a new Copperhead.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave