God Visited me Today in Virginia Beach, Virginia

LeftyBaseballr16

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Virginia Beach, Virginia / Louisburg, North Caroli
This story has too many coincidences to be luck. This is why I know God made this happen, and I immediatley came to the forums and logged on to report to you my story.

I was shoveling out in Norfolk today at my job for English Construction. They didn't get some steel enforcements they needed so 3 crews got off for the day. As I was driving home I was thinking of how much I could save at 9$ an hour, working (usually) 12 hour shifts to put me closer to my dream of a Viper. I thought about this for most of the 30 minute drive back to Virginia Beach. As I stopped at the red light a few minutes from my house at the Rosemont and Virginia Beach Blv Crossing God Intervened. Life slowed down, almost in slow motion. My music was playing but I heard no lyrics just the constant beat of drums in my head. Slowly from the mess of mini-vans, trucks, and hybrid pieces of crap emerged a work of beauty. A Yellow Viper with Black Stripes appeared, My heart instantly sped up like my first kiss. I wanted to say it was a 99-2002 Viper. It was so beautiful I honestly considered jumping into the right lane and chasing it **** therewn, just so I could share maybe one word with the owner. Within seconds it was gone, but i remained sitting there.

I know that God has blessed me today. God reminded me today of the importance of me getting a Dodge Viper.

God Bless All,
Bruce Jones

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
12 years of that can drive a man crazy...I'm a good example of that. So my advice to you: Apply for 10 credit cards and cash advance on all of them... Then go to vegas and bet ALL on black in roulette 3 times in a row. You might be able to get a hi-mile 93 with that, and enough left over for the gas home. :D

jk- be boring like the rest of us... work hard and save :2tu:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, looks like we're jonesin' for a Viper!

Start a business having other people dig ditches for you, you collect the contractor's fee. Be a labor broker rather than a laborer. If you really miss it, you can still pick up the shovel now and then just to keep it real.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok dude, i'm sorry, but all you do is come on here and post how much you want a viper. No offense, but maybe if you spent more time working and less time on here telling everyone how much you want one you will get it. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I recall many other similar posts to this.

We understand you want one, you just don't have to tell us all the time. :bonker:

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice story... I say post all you want.

I waited 13 years to buy my Viper. The first day I saw one which was the launch of the Viper I knew someday I would get one. Took longer than anticipated but it finally happened. Priorities in life did not allow it any sooner.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It took me 12 years...albeit, I wasn't saving up for 12 years. What I did was buy other used sports cars...basicaly older ones that won't lose too much value when you decide to sell it.

This way, I save up money and have a cool sports car(not as cool as the Viper though) while I saved up for the ultimate dream car! Good luck!

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You'll get one eventually.. the longer the wait the sweeter it'll be... i'm probably one of the youngest if not the youngest viper owner in this club and I'm paying the car off on my own.. ofcourse i'm stretching the limit of my med school loans but eh its all good =)

cbarber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wanted a Viper the first time I saw a picture of one back in 91 or 92. But with 4 kids and private grade and high school then college tuition payments I had to postpone my purchase until they were all raised, educated and on someone elses payroll. Finally I was able to purchase my red 2003 SRT10 about a month ago and I'm havin'a blast with her. You'll get one too eventually just keep workin' at it.
CB

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep focused, and don't pay ANY attention to the negative posts above.........Why would someone who owns a viper...make negative remarks about someone who is trying to get one? Some people forget those times in their lives when they were dreaming.

Dave

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mean to be whining that I don't have one I just like to remind the owners how sweet they really are. Im Viper Crazy I love them but at 20 Years Old Playing Baseball at College and Attending Classes to eventually make good money it doesn't come easy.

Once again, there is nothing wrong with sharing your enthusiasm and hopes and dreams of owning a Viper. There is no whining on your part. Good things take time. You will appreciate it even more. If you ever find yourself in Pa, look me up and we'll go for a ride. :2tu:

Best of luck!

Dave

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Give me another 13 years and I might laugh at your little joke :p

LOL, I'm still laughing about that one.

One of the great things about owning a Viper is making someone’s day. I love to see the smiles on the kids and men alike faces when they see the car and if someone wants to sit in it or look at it then they can go right ahead.
It's good that young men can't afford this car right off the bat; it's a car you need to respect and build up to.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give me another 13 years and I might laugh at your little joke :p

LOL, I'm still laughing about that one.

One of the great things about owning a Viper is making someone’s day. I love to see the smiles on the kids and men alike faces when they see the car and if someone wants to sit in it or look at it then they can go right ahead.
It's good that young men can't afford this car right off the bat; it's a car you need to respect and build up to.

Knight Rider, well said!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought one identical to the first one I saw in real life, 6 months later. But I search everyday for that six months.
Two months for the SRT/10.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
It took me 9 years and I ended up buying the very first GTS I ever laid eyes one... though that was just a weird coincidence...

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Patients and hard work are the key. I'm a mortgage broker and I speak to people every day who are financially over extended. It's not a fun place to be. Make sure you can truley afford a Viper before to make the leap. You will enjoy the car 100 times more that way then if you are scraping to pay the bills.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce listen your dreams are for the purpose of being obtained, it's funny I have sold two bumble bee's to guys in Virginia Beach and if you have time and would like to see 14 or 15 Vipers side by side you are welcome to come to Richmond to look, just give me a call. 1-804-347-1808.
On another note my cousin is Elliott Yamin from American Idol had a dream to be a singer and worked in a restaurant here in Richmond as a bus boy and also was kicked out of high school due to learning disabilities, so there you have it he is now making more money than he has ever made in his life and has achieved his goals. So do not listen to people who are negative, dreams become reality so forge ahead and good luck.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took me 9 years and I ended up buying the very first GTS I ever laid eyes one... though that was just a weird coincidence...

You never saw a GTS until after 99? What world do you live in? :confused:

Scarlet O.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bruce, I love your honesty and sincerity! I followed my dreams and ended up getting my 98 gts three years ago! Its like a diamond ring to me, everytime I look at it its as beaufiful as ever! If you want to see about 40-60 vipers all together, come to the Fishermans Crab Deck in Grasonville, Md this weekend (june 3rd). It is the va/md 8th annual viper crab fest event. You would love seeing all these beauties together. I just fulfilled another dream of mine this past Thursday by buying my first boat. 2006 Sea Ray 300 Sundancer! God has blessed me so much and my faith continues to grow..Keep the faith
Scarlet O.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
What world do you live in? :confused:

Delaware... weird little place, lots of chickens...

Seriously though, I barely saw a 96 pace car at Philly one year, but my baby was the very first GTS I've ever really laid eyes on. Zoomie brough her down to a vette/viper meet at Budds creek in 2001?? - I met him in Bowie. The only other vipers I ever saw out this way were red and black RTs. Saw my very first green RT that day as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth