supercharger

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who makes the loudest supercharger for the genII vipers. Something that sounds like 03 cobra, or louder.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove your exhaust and you won't make the difference if it is a Roe or a Paxtron supercharger ... At full throttle your Viper will sound like an F1 race car passing by.
And don't forget the stereo upgrade to a 5000W unit.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Heffner SC was loud and mean! A very addictive sound! :headbang:

Got rid of her for a set of Twins, not as loud, but a whole lot meaner! :D

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard the Paxton and you cant hear it at all. There was some one here on the this site who recently had engine work done and a super charger installed and had videos posted. That car had a really loud supercharger sound. Anyone know who this person was? it was probably with in the last 6 months.

Would anyone happen to have any video or sound links?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a paxton will ALWAYS sound better than a roe at idle and make more noise at rpm's too.

i think the noise is also more depending on the size of the pulley

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your 03 Cobra had a very quiet blower - I think you are talking about exhaust. The Cobra blower is much like the Roe S/C in most ways, positive displaceemnt, mounts to top of engine. The others are centrifugal and have a lot og gear whine that may or may not be your cup of tea.

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your 03 Cobra had a very quiet blower - I think you are talking about exhaust. The Cobra blower is much like the Roe S/C in most ways, positive displaceemnt, mounts to top of engine. The others are centrifugal and have a lot og gear whine that may or may not be your cup of tea.

The 03 cobra has a very loud blower under throttle. since it is a roots type blower, it will not make noise at idle, but under acceleration it SCREAMS. A roots type will give you a howl under acceleration, but nothing at idle. Centrifugal will whistle down low, but will not be as loud up top. I have never heard one on a viper, but this is how it is on mustangs, and Id imagine its the same deal.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its sounds like the roe system would be the past for me sence i love the howl under throutle, thanks for the clip ab but i cant hear the charger over your badass, exhaust that sounds sweet!!!!!!!

Do you guys know much about the roe system?

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys know much about the roe system?

[/QUOTE] Yep..Its not real loud but has a nice whistle to it with a 10lb pulley...Anyone that knows cars will be able to tell shes got a S/C on it..If you are in front of it, say on the side of the road and one was coming towards you under throttle you would know it. Sounds very wild..sounds like a jet engine...I think theres a clip of Nadines Roe S/Cd car at speed compared to a N/A GTS kicking around here somewhere...Very impressive sound indeed...AL...

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me tha basic differances between paxton and roe's setups. I know I have seen Roe's setup installed for around 7k. Since I already have the vec 2 I would be more inclined to go with a roe unit but I would like to find out more about the paxton.
Is a twin turbo setup going to be a lot more money?
Thanks
Gary

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW idoc7 that clip was bad ass!!!!!!!!!!! I just cant see how anything could sound better than that. sory plumcrazy. But then again i still have to hear the paxton. Clips anyone?

Do you guys know if i have to ship the car to roe for install and tune or is there anyone if california that can do an awsome job.

You all have been a great help!
thanks alot to all of you!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call sean and ask him if there is a good installer in cali for ya. sean is always helpfull.

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anotn,

First and foremost, it's my humble opinion that you should consider your supercharger choice based on performance goals, not simply based on sound.

That being said, if you like the sound of the 03 Cobras, then you'll like the sound of the Roe blower. Roe basically uses a Kenne Bell 2.4l twin screw blower. Quiet at idle, but screams at WOT. Paxton is a centrifugal blower. Whistles more at idle, but not quite as prevalent at WOT.

The Roe twin screw blower is a positive displacement blower, meaning it forces the same amount of air into the motor with each revolution. It is a direct replacement for the stock intake manifold. The pros are: boost and throttle response are immediate, there is no "lag" and boost is not rpm dependent; torque numbers are generally higher on a twin screw setup than its identical centrifugal counterpart; you don't have to run the car to redline to make killer power; more power down low in every gear. The cons: because it replaces the intake manifold and forces air directly into the motor, there is no way to intercool it (however, you can run a water/**** kit which acts as a "chemical" intercooler); the peak horsepower numbers are generally lower on a Roe setup than a Paxton setup on a pound for pound comparison. However, it seems like there is more power under the curve on a Roe.

A centrifugal blower is more like a turbo in application (although it's belt driven, not exhaust gas driven). Boost is rpm dependent. The higher you run the car, the more boost the blower will make. Pros: the centrifugal kit can be intercooled. The basic kit uses a air/water intercooler, but the tuner kits use a big front mount air/air intercooler. The peak hp numbers are generally higher. Cons: You have to run the car to redline to really take advantage of all of the power (because boost is rpm dependent). Centrifugal cars generally make less torque than HP (and less torque than the twin screw counterparts).

Both kits cost "roughly" the same. A Roe kit with water/**** will run you around $8K, plus installation. A Paxton basic kit will run you around $9,995 installed. They end up pretty damn close in price. The Roe might be a tad cheaper. I will tell you that the VEC2 is a great tuning tool. Much better than the Split Second box or no tuning computer at all.

This is not an all inclusive article on blowers, but I just thought I'd try to throw out some very basic points to get you started.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOTE :call Kevin at underground racing for a better price on the paxton installed by them and tuned

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah... not trying to get into the business, but dealer BUY price on a paxton is ~6200 (for a GENII). Some places try to charge 10k or 12k for an install... run away from that. there are much better deals to be had. and 1000-1500 for the price of the install is a reasonable labor charge. 5k... not so much.

my .02...

JD

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey thanks for all the infor Johnybravo. That was helpfull.

Ill give Kevin a call first thing monday and see what they say.

and as far as the price ive talked to valaya racing in san jose and they tryed charging me 10,000k installed for the paxton i knew they were way out of control with that quote. thanks joseph dell.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very informative JohnnyBravo,
How hard is the Roe to install? I read something about the hardest part is running something from the oil tank? If it is a direct bolt on for the intake maybe I can do it myself. Do the injectors need to be changed?
Thanks
gary

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth