Bent rim!!!!

sparty116

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to get my new PS2's mounted on my stock '96 rims and found out they were out of round enough that the road force balancers was unable to balance the tire. The guy said they would need 60lbs of weight on one side to balance it.

The rim is out of round in both directions and my question to you is, can thse rims be fixed or am I screwed.

I had no idea they were bent and never noticed it and still made quite a few high speed runs.

Any help/input would be appreciated

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
60 pounds??!?!?! Wow.

I recommend that you call "Ye ole' wheel shop" in Maryland. These guys do amazing work and they can probably fix this for you relatively cheaply. I'll see if I can dig up their contact information for you.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, the '96 rims are prone to fracturing and bending I read somewhere. Good luck with the repairs...let us know how they turn out. I'm curious as to see how repairable these wheels are.

sshorty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go for the 18's, they look better don't you think? try searching ebay for used perfect 17's if you want, or call your local exotic car dealership and see what they pay for having their wheels repaired. We have a local guy here in NY that is amazing, for a rim like yours, it would cost between $180 & $200 just for a reference.

OP
OP
S

sparty116

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99 R/T 10: PM sent

sshorty: I would like to do 18's but I just bought the 17" PS2 and am kinda forced to go with a 17" rim.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth