Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10664D-Cockpit-1.jpg

Love the color!!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow that looks awesome...those are the wheels I was considering getting instead of my HRE's!! Awesome choice they look wicked. See that your in Vancouver (although car has alberta plates) we should go for a cruise sometime!! :cool:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures; the wheels are gorgeous and the rest of the cosmetic mods are understated and tastefully done.

Speaking of the wheels, I assume those are the Brabus/Startech Monostar Vs? What size front and rear for the wheels and tires? Also, did you ever weigh just the wheels without the tires? Does anyone else know what these rims weigh?

Thanks!

/Rich

OP
OP
D

dallas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello thanks for the feedback .

The rollbar hoops are also Startech. They come as a polished stainless steel, but I had them powder coated to match the rims.

The wheels are monostars V's from startech 20" 19" I never weighed them but when I was installing them they felt to be a tad lighter than the stock rims with tires.

Hey Ricky I will be in Vancouver for the rest of the summer we should definetly cruise sometime . Will you be tracking your car in June at mission raceway?

thanks

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great. Job well done. What did you lower it with? It looks slightly dropped but not slammed. Do the hoops improve safety over the stock ones or is it just about the bling. Either way I like it.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello thanks for the feedback .

The rollbar hoops are also Startech. They come as a polished stainless steel, but I had them powder coated to match the rims.

The wheels are monostars V's from startech 20" 19" I never weighed them but when I was installing them they felt to be a tad lighter than the stock rims with tires.

Hey Ricky I will be in Vancouver for the rest of the summer we should definetly cruise sometime . Will you be tracking your car in June at mission raceway?

thanks

I wasn't planning on tracking it but let me know what day your going to end up going I might just go there too and get a few runs in. Never been to the track before :eek:

OP
OP
D

dallas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lowered with moton clubsports , the rollbar hoops do not provide additional safety from my understanding.

OP
OP
D

dallas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Ricky have you heard of this club http://www.performancedriversclub.org/home.asp
I took the course last year and it was really fun. You can get a rough idea of the performance limits of your car, as well it's in the safe and controlled enclosure of a roadcourse. They give you the basics on driving posture apex, heel toe downshifting, flags etc. they have a course coming up on June 19th. Let me know what you think

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like fun...Do they do a number on your tires? I don't know if I should go with the HRE's on or buy some 18" SSR wheels or something since the perelli rubber is expensive! Either way I'd defenetly be interested in going unless it rains!

OP
OP
D

dallas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As long as your wheel alignment is set up right and your not smoking out the tires it should be no problem . I don't put alot of mileage on the car so a day at the track will not significantly wear out the tires. Some drivers like to add negtive camber for track purposes , this will definetly cause more tire wear but also give more traction.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there as long as its sunny...i guess i'll have to sign up late to realize what the weather will be like! what group are you going to run with? I'll probably ahve to go with the noivce since i've never been there before.

Crazy1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who love these StarTech wheels I have a set I am willing to sell for an unbeatable price. As Dallas will likely tell you all, unless the pricing has changed - these rims run $10k + for a set with tires direct from Startech in Germany.

I would be willing to let my set which I have being chromed go for $5k. Since they are just being refinished they will be flawless.

One thing I can tell you is that when I had these on my ACR and took it to the track the car stuck like glue and blew me away. I had Ron with SVS driving my car with me shotgun and we blew everything off the track at the Autobahn in Joliet Illinois when we ran - these things are massive.

On the ACR the rims were just a TAD too wide and stuck out of the wheel well in front just a tad too much for my liking. They also were heavier than the superlight BBS that come on the ACR and changed my gearing too much for my taste going from the 18" to 19/20". As far as looks they are incredible and even better in Chrome.

Seeing how well they fit on the SRT I am having second thoughts about selling these and thinking they might fit nicely on my 06 Coupe, eliminate needing to lower it and be a good balance with it's extra grip even though they are heavier since my car now has too much power with the supercharger I have on it. I just dont know if I want to change the look of the first edition package as the new 06 5 stars as sweet rims as well.

Any thoughts and or buyers for the Startechs may help me make my mind up.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice ride Dallas! Just a little bit of free advice. It looks like your exhaust tips might be hitting on the side sill in the rear of the Exhaust hole. If it does it will scratch up the paint. You may need to move the exhuast forward till just a 1/8"-1/4" is showing when cold in the front. That way when the car is hot the tips are more centered. Man I wish I could take you car out for a few laps. Nice work!
Robbie

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricky, Dallas - I'm in for this course too, do I just sign up on the site or what?

Car looks sweet btw, you'll pretty much never see those rims around anywhere in Canada, nice choice. How do you like those seats compared to the stock ones? Can't wait to go for a cruise when I get back!

Nico

OP
OP
D

dallas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello Nico, regarding the performance drivers club yes you can sign up on-line , first you need to become a member, an annual fee is 40 bucks which entitles you to sign up for several track events in Vancouver BC , Washington , and Portland. Afterwhich you can just sign up on-line for the Jun. 19th track day event. After that all you need is to print out the vehicle inspection sheet and get your mechanic to go over the checklist.

Regarding the seats they're recaro pole position side mounting. The seat choice for me was quite necessary over stock seats because I stand about 6 feet 7 inches tall. Only with this modification can I truly become one with the car. They are very comfortable and much wider than the stock seats so you aren't being squeezed if you are a bigger driver. On the down side they are non-adjustable for driver or passenger(doesn't apply to me) but on the plus you can save an unbelievable amount of weight I can literally pick up one of those recaro seats between my thumb and index finger!

Cheers

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking ride Dallas.

I'v been a member of: http://www.performancedriversclub.org/home.asp here in Florida for a few years. Great club, you may have an issue with the convertible tops though. I haven't taken my SRT/10 on the track yet. I'd sign up and pay for the classes and let them bring it up at the track. You'll have a blast.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are the nicest roll bar hoops I have seen. If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay? Are they a pain to install?

OP
OP
D

dallas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello Nader They cost me about 1000 USD and anybody could easily intall them. All you hve to do is move the seats forward and pop off the harness covers behind the seats then simply unscrew the old ones and screw in the new ones.

Cheers

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my brother will be driving the Vette for the course so it'll be fun both cars will be there :laugh: now I'm just going to hope for the sun to be out :eek:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Startech has some nice looking parts and acessories. I may buy the hoops in chrome to match my polished HREs. The front spoiler looks like a quality piece just not sure how it looks in person.

Has anyone seen the from spoiler in person?
9384Startech1.jpg

Also the hoops:
9384startech_hoops2.jpg

9384Startech_hoops.jpg

In lookiing through their site, I found a PDF of their parts and acessories. If you launch the PDF on this page http://www.startech.de/homee.htm for the SRT you come across an interesting picture mid way down - they actually moved the exhaust exit to the rear on an SRT 10. While I like alot of their stuff, I am not a fan at all of the rear exit exhaust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper