Turtle Wax Ice - Good/Bad/Indifferent?

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased a bottle of this stuff tonight to try it out. Don't know how long it holds up, but the ease and look is great. Anyone know of any secret "hidden" chemical in this stuff that will surely eat the paint from the very metal in exactly 219 days?

I only have soo many 4 hour days to apply Zaino!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friends have beem using it on their polished aluminum parts. That's all I can tell you. For what it is worth I find that Stoner Speed Bead Part#91354, Red and yellow can, works beter than anything I have tried. I keep a case at the shop at all times along with their Invisilble Glass Cleaner Part#91164 which is also the best glass cleaner bar non.

http://www.stonersolutions.com/

Robbie

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friends who my polish my exhaust tips tell me that turtle wax ice is ok to use. They also said to stay away from products that contain silicone in them.
Robbie

MajorGeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It ***** in dust like armor all to your rims. It stopped beading on my H3 within a week. I swear its just armor all in a bottle. Sure, its cute to "wax" your mirrors and plastic, but it would be really neat if it worked. Overpriced, underperforms, like most Turtle Wax products.

Side note, had some paint work done on the Viper last week, stopped in to see how it was going and was asked what sort of armor was on my Viper. I told him 1 ounce of Zaino Brothers wax, just the first coat, why? Because he was stripping it for the third time. They used a thinner and something else to strip the hood first, then stripped it down and it took 3 tried before the fish eyes stopped.

Bottom line, there are still no real shortcuts in using wax. To do it right you got to have perfect clearcoat first, from a cleaner wax to a clay bar, then multiple coats. Ice will go the way of the "colored" waxes that fill in swirls. It dont work and only a few suckers still buy it. It might be a nice protectant, as mentioned, for aluminum parts and the like, but only because you can put it on and dont care if you take it off because you cant tell. If you can't tell, you dont know if it works.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good advice Dagger. My friends said it had no silcone in it. You are so correct about Turtle Wax products. I have never used one that I liked. The process you described above is the only real way to wax a car. I used to go thru a 4 step process when I had some free time.
Robboe

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use pinnacle souveran wax...

You must be registered for see images attach

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would it not be nice if someone did a test on all the leading brands of wax? What ever became of Zymol wax from about 20 years ago?
Robbie

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use pinnacle souveran wax...

Is this easier than the zaino wax to use? Can you give us the web sites for both of them?
Thanks,
Robbie

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pinnacle is the company that makes the wax and the wax's name is souveran...

I don't really wax my car that often. I paint protected it then waxed it twice so far. Have not waxed it this year yet. I will do it again and hear the more coats that go on the better it gets. You apply and wipe off immediately which I always like better :)

Here is the website for the wax: http://www.pinnaclewax.com/souveran.html

I absolutely hate swirl marks so I tend to go for quality stuff to make sure my car doesn't get any...list of things I always keep handy:

Wash mitts sheep skin
A crap load of microfibre towels/applicators/gloves
Waffle Weave Towels for drying
Some propel pad’s
PC 7336
Leather scrub brushes/auto vent brushes
charliesoap to clean the towels etc. above
Leatherique cleaner conditioner Kit
Vinyl & Leather Scrub Brushs
303 Aerospace Protectant
303 High Tech Fabric Guard
303 Cleaner and Spot Remover
303 Aerospace Cleaner
Pinnacle Souveran Paste wax
Klasse AIO
Wolfgang Instant Detial spritz
Pinnacle Crystal Mist Quick Shine
RaggTopp Fabric Convertible Top Care Kit
The Original California Mini Duster
Plexus Plastic Cleaner Protectant & Polish
Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash
Four Star Ultimate Detailing Clay (Fine Grade)
Poorboys ssr2
Poorboys ssr1
Fourstar ultimate plaint protectant

Need to start waxing again been too busy with summer semester of school...was thinking about starting over again with the klasse all in one then doing the entire paint protection x 3 process and finally waxing 1 week later but that basically took all of summer last year lol...this year i've washed twice and will be washing a 3rd time and waxing this weekend if it clears up :)

Heres a little summary of what I did last year to keep it shining lol :eek:

1) wash the car using megs nxt car soap (2x for optimum results)
2) With car still wet clay entire car using mixure of nxt and water for lube
3) clay entire car including wheels
4) rewash car with megs. nxt car soap
5) dry off car with WW MF towel
6) SSR2 entire car using PC
7) Wipe off ssr2 using mf cloth by hand
8) Klasse AIO entire car using PC
9) Wipe off AIO using new MF cloth by hand
10) UPP entire car using PC
11) wipe off upp using MF
12) wait 24 hours and repeat steps 10 and 11 washing with megs nxt soap in between(do this so there is a total of 3 coats of UPP on car) APPLY AIO + UPP ON WHEELS AS WELL...Apply AIO and then plexus on front and back lights
13) Souveran Wax entire car AND use RaggTopp on the convertable top of car (do this every 3-4 weeks)
14) clean windows and side mirrors using automotive window cleaner
15) apply eagle one tire dressing + gummipflege on rubber stripping
16) vaccum interior carpets and seats
17) apply 303 aerospace protectant for entire interior of car

now that the whole process is done for this summer I'll be

1) wash car with meg's nxt
2) use souveran wax + ragg topp once every month or so
3) using leatherique on leather to keep it from getting any wrinkles etc.
4) maybe apply 303 aerospace protectant when i wash on the weekend but only that one time this year....

Hope it helps and hope it keeps your cars swirl free :2tu: This is the kind of stuff they do when you hear about the $5000 car washes some people pay for in beverly hills etc. ;)

Ricky :cool:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car shows the amount of work you put in it as it has the best shine I have seen so far. Wish I had the time to spend on mine but I am to busy in the speed shop. I am lucky if I get time to wash mine and put on a couple coats of Stoner Speed Bead Wax.
Thanks,
Robbie